What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Fast Tech £18.00p Wooden Box Mod Review

wobbly

Postman
My 1st ever review so go easy on me!

Always fancied a Wooden Box MOD & when I saw this at Fast Tech could not resist it at £18.24p plus the usual free P&P https://www.fasttech.com/products/2000100

OK not truly a Mech Mod as it has an electric switch, no doubt will frighten many Low OHM dripper's amongst you off, but my usual builds are between 1.5 to 1.9ohm & I dont drip, so no issues for me (hopefully)

It arrived well packaged, in an outer package wooden 'sleeve' and includes a really good quality pouch

Before firing it up had a play around with the top screw adustable 510, screwed all way out and all way back in, be carefull when over tightening as it begins to turn the Postive Pin & will continue to turn until the solder gives way if not careful

The Switch Button seems good quality (time will tell!) but one issue is it requires only the very lightest of touches to activate it before you finally hit 'end stop' with more pressure, worry is it will activate in pocket if not careful, plenty space opposite side to install a small power off safety click button which I intend to do

Wooden Box will look even better once I have spilled some eLiquid all over it, rear panel is slid in via tongues into rebates either side and held in place via three magnets, it fits very well and doubt it will slide out accidentally

Wiring & soldering look to be good quality as are the copper battery fittings, all in all well worth the £18.00p!

OK so here are a few photo's I have just taken (photo's are 'zoomable')

IMG_9302.jpg
IMG_9301.jpg
IMG_9303.jpg
IMG_9304.jpg
IMG_9305.jpg
IMG_9306.jpg
IMG_9307.jpg
IMG_9308.jpg
IMG_9310.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look too bad,
With a mosfet and a fdv I'd really like it.

Doesn't look too bad,
With a mosfet and a fdv I'd really like it.

Mofset's struggled to understand em when they started replacing valves in transmitter's, dah di dah -.- :thumbup:

(edit, spellcheck)

Last edited:
Good review!
Yeah FT have some good cheap dual 18650 box mods. I bought one of their tesla's and I was impressed. I did however take some sandpaper to it as I didn't like the sharp edging and the way it felt in my hand. It feels and looks far better now imo.
Raguri - I have a tank crossing boxmod for sale if you're interested... make me an offer :-)

(Apologies for a slight tread hijack)

Mofset's struggled to understand em when they started replacing valves in transmitter's, dah di dah -.- :thumbup:

(edit, spellcheck)

I'm guessing you're a car guy.
All a mosfet is, is a fucking small relay.
Low load switching high load :)

Good review!
Yeah FT have some good cheap dual 18650 box mods. I bought one of their tesla's and I was impressed. I did however take some sandpaper to it as I didn't like the sharp edging and the way it felt in my hand. It feels and looks far better now imo.
Raguri - I have a tank crossing boxmod for sale if you're interested... make me an offer :-)

(Apologies for a slight tread hijack)

Not a fan of the tank, currently pricing up a mental build on excel using a fet. Nothing against tank crossings, I know they're decent mods, I just like the idea of making something. Plus, it means when something breaks, I know how to solve it. Hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom