What's new

Chi You Clone Mod

K

KulrMeStoopid

View attachment 11694

"This is a personal review of a product I either bought or received free of charge. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of this website, planetofthevapes.co.uk"

Vendor - I bought this from forum member @ebayhomepc
Price Paid - £20

Kit
Mod - Chi You Clone
Clearo / Carto - Cyclone by Vicious Ant
Ohm - 1.8
Voltage - 3.7

Juice Name - Home made

Got this earlier today as stated in the Vape Mail thread. I took it to bits so I could familiarize myself with all the little bits. It breaks down into many different pieces roughly 8 but more like 10 once you remove the airflow ring and the bottom button ring...It could be more :P
View attachment 11695

So after a bit of faffing and moving the adjustable pins up and down, I finally got it to fire. I ended up recoiling my Cyclone so that I could get a better vape and boy a recoil was what I needed.

The mod is heavy, it doesn't feel like "cheap shit". The threads are actually really good...get some of that Nolax? on them and they'd be like butter.

Im not a fan of the locking ring for the firing pin, I end up undoing the entire bottom part if I try to lock it...this probably will take some getting used to. But it does what it is supposed to do when I get it right.

The bottom fire button is as easy as the real thing (yes I KNOW) it doesnt take much at all to get this to fire and I have accidentally done it a few times while just holding it today.

The 510 connection could be a little more robust. There is some play in the atty if you don't get it down all the way. But once it is secure, it's fine, no play at all.

Overall, I am glad I bought this clone...Would I buy the real thing? Yep you betchya, especially if I ever miraculously managed to get the funds and then could justify it over something for the kids instead.

However! Because there are so many bits and bobs, the clone or the real thing might be frustrating to a newish user who's not familiar with mech mods or all the bits and what they are for.

I also noticed that the battery sits on bare metal on the bottom firing button internally. This could be a problem if your battery doesnt have an overlapping skin to prevent direct metal to metal contact. So deffo make sure you keep an eye on the plastic wrap of your batteries. I am looking at getting some vinyl cut out to sit on this metal ring that the battery rests on, just to make sure theres not going to be a short in the future.

Over all, for being a clone, this is a good one. The weight and solidity of the entire mod is reassuring...it also just looks really nice. My Thing 1 says it looks weird and the dragon face is kinda cool :P I reassured him that if I ever were involved in an altercation this mod or the Vamo would suffice as protection :D

Remember folks, I hate the name stealing...This would have made me happier if it were called anything aside from the Chi You...but if you want to get REALLY technical... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_You <-- was a chinese tribal leader...and the dragon emblem is well known in Asian cultures as being a protector....and the original was made by a Korean...so it would have been better called the Yong (Korean for Dragon) Mod originally.... Chi You is quite suitable for a chinese clone though :P

PS if youve never had korean food...look up some recipes... Better than Chinese food IMO!

Good review, can I just say the real chi you does not have a insulator for the battery, these are an exact copy of the real chi you and according to people on ecf every part is interchangeable between the real one and the clone, perfect copy :P

Hmm, a first hand review makes this a lot more appealing to me now! ebayhomepc , where did you get it from? There seems to be a few of these floating about with varying opinions as to the quality, so I'd rather shorten my odds of getting a good one :)

Pretty sure it was from Fast Tech...which I think whit77 said was made by hcigar?

It's worth the pennies man_d

It even comes with its own serial number LOL :P

Be careful fasttech is carrying different ones now ;)
Edit: yes the hcigar is the one you want :)
ty4e2apa.jpg

Thanks everyone! Makes all the difference when the review comes from someone you trust, I wouldn't have plumped for this otherwise :D

man_d got the same one in my hand right now and you can feel the build cos light its not, must get some more 350's and shorten it

Back
Top Bottom