What's new

AG's review on the chi you clone

Well we all know I hate clones for my own reasons, which I said months back, the time and resource a modder takes to design and produce at a high level is the main one.

2 things do worry me though
1 one day someone will get stung buying one one these and I know it's already been noted by Scott.
2 when ppl actually say they have a chi you, vela,nemesis,Ithaka kraken etc etc when they really don't, I've seen it across a couple of forums already with pics and they say what it's not.

I don't like the inclusion of a logo and name of somebody else's hard thought design and time, let them clone the device style and put there own branding on it, if there devices are good they will sell and probably gain their own market share, why badge it up as something it's not.

I also share the concern that these will get sold or traded as genuine.

I saw elsewhere someone saddened by an experience they had when a woman told him that her mod was a chi-you she got for $80, from a b&m store, I presume this must be America.
Yes, dude was saddened. Did the b&m sell it as a clone clearly or not? Who knows, you tell people things and they pick up on what they want to, and maybe she, nor even the b&m store owner have the slightest flipping clue about forum angst.
If it works for her, great, she can call it what she likes, don't care, it isn't mine, she wasn't ripped off on price. If it was a clone of one of my "high-end" devices, mayb e I would verge on a twinge for a few minutes, but still, essentially, am I bothered, do I look bothered, is my face wobbling. Good on her for finding her happiness.
Regarding laws, etc, cloning without permission is some sort of theft, and is rife throughout all industries.
Still, it employs a larger amount of people than small business's do, and makes items of desire available to a wider portion of the public too.
This is a fragile industry, the legality of which is in the balance, I say let the mod makers make what they can from what they can make, and not worry at all about international law patents in regards to China, far bigger business's than any mod making business have wasted time and millions in the pursuit of justice.
Regarding people being ripped off, I am not a hard-nosed bitch about this like KMS ;), rip offs occur, we, as a community, should be vigilant, and watch out for each other. Occasionally, modders can be scam merchants too. Essentially, everyone, everyone, is evil, apart from me, not that I am paranoid :umm:
Again, I've pointed this out here and there, but I am not going to blame either modders or customers for being ripped off.
Likewise, I am not going to condemn Chinese industry for not taking the feelings of hardcore hobbyist cranks into account, and I am not going to point a finger at those who purchase the cheaper goods.
Some people say that a high end mod is the equivalent in price of, say, twenty packs of cigs, and that you can afford them, as how could have you afforded to smoke, and where are you morals?

I will tell you this, in all seriousness, my mum, she is on the ecigs now, she raised me and my sis as a single mother, apart from her day job, often at night, she had to do side-jobs, cleaning pubs and the like, and do you know what, maybe if she hadn't been a smoker, she wouldn't have had too, maybe if she had the cheaper option, she wouldn't have had to. I don't blame her in any way, she ensured we were okay, and if she had the option to go with a cheap piece of happiness, and more time at home, etc, I would say, where are your fucking priorities and morals that you should begrudge her that! I would twat you one, my friends! You self-righteous whores of despair! ;)
YOU, would be the empty shadow of a human!

Me, I like getting gear that is original, and I have little money, and you know what, this niche, supply is outstripped by demand. Also, I am most likely sick in the head, don't be like me.

Regarding clones, I hear people say there is no pride in owning one...to be honest, there is not that much pride in owning an original, mate, a certain amount of joy, but I equate pride more with other things in my life.
Modders can have pride in making the gear, good on them, they have achieved.
The absolute bullshit and tears and condemnations I read in some places, about the intellect and morality, and worth of a human, because of their choices as to what they buy, is sickening, and a condemnation of the mental, emotional, and moral state of the maggots who espouse them.

On the other hand, a clone is a clone (And I won't go into the frankly reductive and pointless arguments, that, hey, we are all clones, man! Fuck off, hippys!), great, some people take pride in that fact, like they've cracked the winner code, and people who spend more, are either stupid, or elitist snobs. Not the case. Sometimes, yes, but no side is without imbeciles, or, people without massive chips on their fragile, Jeff Buckley shoulders, go for a swim, don't take yer shoes off on the way ;)

I was also thinking recently, yes, okay, it is bad that they replicate devices down to their sigs, on the other hand, at least it is a more honest represenation of what it is pertaining to be.

Suck on them apples.

Swear to god, I hope I have offended at least one person, or that's twenty minutes of my life wasted :ape:

This is all very boring to me.

y2e3a7y9.jpg

Is all I have to say on the matter.

Now, where's the thread about breasts?

Nice review, full of factual information aimed at giving the viewers the balanced information they need in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not it would suit them as a purchase....NOT.

I did the "Vype" last week, it is a pile of crap, and where-as the review said it was bad I still gave as much info about it as i could as to why you should not buy it , now if he had put the original on the brick and shot it to see if THAT could stop the ACP 45 Hollowpoint as well within the video , that at least would have shown some balance.

There seems to be a few reviewers going public on the "I will not review a clone" wagon atm, to this I will just say...lose the reviewer tag then, a reviewers job is to inform, to show and to explain all the pro`s and cons of any given device within their chosen field, it is by the very definition their job to take what is given or to buy what is not and give the audience all the facts they need to make informed intelligent decisions as to purchasing the item in question, it does not matter what or where the item in question comes from, we are reviewers, not Priests or Overlords that dictate our law over all who watch.

oh and nice Monitor in the background of the Vid :P.

Pious muppet .

Last edited:
MT basically said what I am thinking but a hell of a lot better.

At the end of the day I seriously dont give a shit what anyone here there or anywhere is vaping with.

Nice review, full of factual information aimed at giving the viewers the balanced information they need in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not it would suit them as a purchase....NOT.

I did the "Vype" last week, it is a pile of crap, and where-as the review said it was bad I still gave as much info about it as i could as to why you should not buy it , now if he had put the original on the brick and shot it to see if THAT could stop the ACP 45 Hollowpoint as well within the video , that at least would have shown some balance.

There seems to be a few reviewers going public on the "I will not review a clone" wagon atm, to this I will just say...lose the reviewer tag then, a reviewers job is to inform, to show and to explain all the pro`s and cons of any given device within their chosen field, it is by the very definition their job to take what is given or to buy what is not and give the audience all the facts they need to make informed intelligent decisions as to purchasing the item in question, it does not matter what or where the item in question comes from or where it comes from, we are reviewers, not Priests or Overlords that dictate our law over all who watch.

oh and nice Monitor in the background of the Vid :P.

Pious muppet .
I think they can make the choice, and have an opinion, riptrippers did it better though, he espoused his own frustrations on cloning, as is his right, but, and this was a chi-you review, he went on and honestly reviewed it and said it was decent.
He has some experience in modding himself though, as he was part of bringing the AC9 to life, I think, so I can see how he would be more frustrated by this issue.
But yeah, pious balderdash, sod that ;)

Back
Top Bottom