What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

cthulhu tube mod.

eyeball kid

Legend
This review was brought to you by the kind folks at @Sourcemore. I noticed they where doing some awesome deals of cthulhu mod gear and they kindly supplied me with some to review for the fine folks at POTV.
The following are my thoughts on the Cthulhu mod (mosfet tube mech) and may not represent those of POTV.
WP_20190604_19_26_07_Pro.jpg

"What is this mosfet mod thing then eyeball" I hear you say.
Well, This is not the same as a regulated mod. Even though you've seen the circuit board in the advertising photos, it is not the same as fully regulated.
You have two small tube sections (I will add Cthulhu mods technical specs bellow). You then have the top cap which includes a replaceable mosfet simple protection circuit board and a nice semi spherical push button with a nice clicky action, the 510 connection on top accepts your atomiser of choice. This tube mech is set up to take atomisers of 24mm or less without overhang but I feel due to the bevel around the top cap, 22mm tanks and drippers look the best.
The final section (the bottom) has a base that can be screwed up and down easily to both accommodate the slight size variations in battery sizes and to be unscrewed when not in use to break the batteries contact for safety.
WP_20190604_19_26_41_Pro.jpg

The two tubes included allow you to either use one section with an 18350 battery to create a very small tidy mod that fits easily in a shirt pocket or you can screw both tubes together to allow you to use the more popular 18650 battery. This allows for a longer time between charging and you get to use batteries with a higher amp rating. This means you can use lower ohm coils safely.
You will need to know how ohms law works and that your batteries are reliable and of a correct rating for the coils your using. I'd recommend checking out fogstars excellent website for battery safety information and to supply high quality batteries.
The two tube sections screw together firmly and accurately. The threading isn't as smooth as you'd see in a high end mech mod and the join between the two sections is made a feature of rather than trying to hide the join. We do have to remember the price here for a genuine mechanism mod is incredibly low and the quality in return, very high. Both tube sections have plastic insulation inside to help prevent any kind of short.

Here's cthulhu mods specification details.
Features

Elegant, simple, side button design.

Dual MOSFET chip support 0.1ohm and max 40A current.

Cthulhu Tube is one of the safest tube mods on the market.It comes with Insulators.

The battery will not short circuit even if the wraps are broken. Two vent holes close to battery positive side.

The chip will stop working when atomizer short.

Reverse battery protection.

There is a lever on the bottom that acts as a safety lock. Unscrewing it a little to lock the mod.

Replaceable chip

Support 18650 and 18350.

Support 22mm and 24mm atomizer.

WIDTH: 24mm,
HEIGHT: 80mm(18650 mode), 50mm(18350 mode)
Net weight: 0.11kg
Gross weight: 0.17kg
WP_20190604_19_25_38_Pro.jpg

As with all Cthulhu gear, the packaging is stunning. It comes in a stylish cardboard tube (reminiscent of eden mods) this contains an instruction manual, guarantee and Cthulhu mods contact details.
The mod itself is inside a velour bag which looks fantastic.
WP_20190616_21_28_42_Pro.jpg

I've been using this in my pocket for a few weeks now without any issue's and I'm never comfortable around mech mods. The inclusion of the mosfet safety board really does add a little feeling of security against accidently putting the cell in backward or a short occouring.
Essentially it's a similar set up to the old pico squeeze I used to use in a standard mod form. I like the way you get to sample your favourite juice at varying voltage as the battery discharges.
The supplied mosfet board is the updated one with silicone under the 510 conection point to prevent atomisers with long 510 connectors squashing the conection flat. Spare boards are available for a few pound's directly from Cthulhu. Remember you'll need a separate charger for your batteries as there's no usb charge point here.
WP_20190616_21_29_31_Pro.jpg

I really enjoyed using this and it both worked excellently and looked awesome with the matching Cthulhu hastur mini. I'm still skittish around anything mech related but this really put my mind at rest. Loved it and a bargain at @Sourcemore currently.
A big thank you to Ella at@Sourcemore for the chance of sampling it.

With your discount codes you could grab one for about £20. Billy bargain
https://www.sourcemore.com/cthulhu-tube-mod.html

Last edited:
Watch the fire switch they like to break so new board time other than that there not bad mods

Back
Top Bottom