What's new

Review Wismec Sinuous Solo

Shetland Sam

Achiever
solo.jpg

Hey guys. We are back again with another hardware review.

This item was sent out for the purpose of this review. So a big thanks to Sophia @Wismec for giving me the chance to review this item. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

SO let's get cracking.

Sinuous Solo.

First let's take a look at the kit contents.

1x Sinuous Solo
1x 0.27ohm mesh coil
1x1.3ohm mtl coil
The Amor ND Pro tank
Bag of spare parts.
Usb cable
And all the little bits of paper no one looks at.

Let's start by looking at the "Mod" part first.

It is a simple tube mod. With just one button for firing the device and a usb charging port. It has a built in 2300mah battery. So you can't change the wattage or anything but it has a little trick up its sleeve. When the coil resistance is between 0.1-0.79ohm the tube will be in bypass mode and if the coil is between 0.8-3.0ohm it will enter constant power mode. It will indicate which mode it is in via a flashing light. Green light means it is in bypass mode and it will flash white to indicate constant power mode. It also give battery level via the light from staying lit meaning battery is between 60-100% to flashing really quick meaning it is between 0-9%
The mod has a 510 connection so you can use different tanks.

Let's move on and have a look at the tank.

The tank is 2ml which we will speak about later.
Top fill by sliding the top cap
Comes apart quite easy for coil changes.
Has a bottom airflow control ring to give you DTL airflow right down to a tiny hole for mtl airflow.

So when this arrived I was quite interested in seeing how it performed. The mesh coil was pre-installed so I filled up the tank and took it for its mayden voyage. Within 10 minutes I was slightly disappointed as I could see the juice level going down. If this was say a 4 or 5ml tank I would of been over the moon. But as I am mainly a DTL vaper a 2ml tank with a mesh coil just wasn't going to cut the mustard. But with all that I found it gave great flavour and good vapour production. Just filling it up every 10 minutes was a PITA. The battery lasted around a day with moderate usage. If you're a chain vaper it's not gonna be great.

So we eventually swapped over to the mtl coil and closed the airflow right down to the smallest hole. Chucked in some 20mg nic salts and away we went again. With it being a 1.3ohm coil with the tight airflow this can be a really stealthy bit of kit. As you would expect the vape is a bit warmer and there is a lot less vapour production. Flavour is still pretty good. It managed to wick juice from 50/50 to 70/30. And again with the higher ohm coil you have battery life for days.

So let's have a look at pros and cons and some final thought.

Pros

Extremely stealthy with the mtl coil.
Great flavour from both coils.
Stylish
Very simple to set up and use.

Cons

Quite a big con for me is the 2ml tank with a DTL mesh coil. Constant filling up is a pain.
And a smaller con is with some bottles mainly the larger chubby gorilla bottles is you have to pull the drip tip off to get it in the fill port.

SO my final thoughts on the Sinuous Solo kit. While I enjoyed using it with the mesh coil the constant filling was annoying but with the mtl coil it really turned it around for me. It will be in daily use as my nic salt device.

20180927_190112.jpg

Here's the link if you want to check it out yourself.

Priced at $47.84

https://store.wismec.com/sinuous-solo-with-amor-ns-pro.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom