What's new

Voopoo VFL Pod

Gitchy

Achiever
So I won more freeshit on here in the form of the above pod kit. @VOOPOO did not ask me to review this but I will anyway as I'm nice like that.

20181104_135145.jpg

If I were to do a three word review it'd probably be 'Meh, it's alright'. I'm not a big pod user tbh. MTL vaping makes me cough. I tend to go more for DTL vaping as I've tried a lot of MTL kit and it's just not for me. Doesn't mean I can't slipstream DTL with some MTL kit though and that's what I do with this. I have also done MTL just to test it properly and while that's not my thing it is quite nice, despite the coughing.

In the pack you get the mod, a usb cable and one pod to pop in. The plastic top of the mod comes off and has some nice strong magnets to hold the pod in so there's no screwing needed. This top also has 2 airflow slots on it so you can adjust airflow to how you like it. Not being an avid MTL user I wouldn't really know how tight or not the draw is but I'd veer towards it being quite loose on the smallest side. It's even looser on the other side so those who like it tight as a gnat's chuff need not apply.

The draw has puff activation so no buttons to hold down. There are 3 voltage settings on the mod, which run down the side. I like this on a pod as sometimes it's nice to adjust things. I tend to run this one at full (3.5V) but then I'm not using it as intended. There's also a pre-heat function, which blinks until you take a draw and runs for about 15 seconds till it goes off on it's own. For MTL the pre-heat is very good. I like this idea, means you can get a nice big draw. Again I don't use it this way so the pre-heat is not really used for me.

20181104_135128.jpg

On 3.5V and a nice big slipstreamed dtl hit it's impressive for a wee pod that only puts out 10w. A long tug gives a wee bit of a plastic taste but then it's been designed for mtl use and for beginners mostly. The flavour is pretty ok for a low wattage device.

There are 2 issues with it though. One is that it seems to scratch easy. I'd barely had it a week when the scratches below happened.
20181104_135202.jpg

Now I may have had it in a pocket along with some keys but the paintjob should really be a bit more durable. It also likes a fingerprint.

The other thing is leaking. The pods are pretty solid and don't leak to the bottom but I find that just after I've filled it I get a small amount of juice on my lips, sometimes it fires right into my mouth. Now when you're using 20mg nic salts that can taste pretty disgusting. It only happens for a few pulls after filling but it's annoying enough to put me off.

In all it's a pretty solid pod kit with the variable wattage and the means to adjust the airflow. I've been using mine in the car to stop the windows getting all covered in VG film. I've had it a couple of weeks now and I've still to change a pod but I've not been using it all day, just a couple of hours in the car each day. The battery life is pretty good too, I've only charged it twice since I got it and that was after using it solid for a couple of days as I've not had to charge it since moving it to the motor over a week and a half ago.

Back
Top Bottom