What's new

Review Vaptio Spin It

bellyman

Veteran
Kindly sent to me by https://vaptio.com to review is Vaptios newest pod system, The Spin It.

1.jpg

It arrives in simple packaging with the stupid nicotine warning all over the front! The instructions are clear and concise and you get 2 spare 1ohm pods thrown in for good measure.

Opening the box reveals a 18650 sized, button fired, spinny pod mod!
proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

What Vaptio says about it
New revolutionary master piece
Extremely portable pen-style AIO kit
Compact design with leak-proof engineering
Unique spinnable drip tip design
More hygienic and safer vaping experience
Constructed with anodic oxidized aluminum ally
Easy top refill system
Japanese organic cotton coil
Smooth-tech flavor optimization technology

6.jpg

This is the fidget spinner of pods that at first glance seems pointless, but after using it for a while, I like that I can have the tip of the pod covered when its not being used. The last thing I want to vape is my pocket fluff !
Having a cut off safety feature when the pod is flipped is a nice bonus, no pocket firing with this one.
2.jpg

Theres nothing complicated here.
5 clicks to turn it on or off.
Charge at the bottom,
Button in the middle.
Pod at the top.
4.jpg

TheStats
Vaptio_Spin-It_Vape_Pen_Kit_1.jpg

The 650mAh battery is charged at 2a and takes 2hrs to charge it up fully.
3.jpg

Refilling is done via the usual rubber bung on the pod. The pod holds 1.8ml and the fill hole is big enough (5x3mm) for unicorn bottles so no need for needle bottles here. The coil comes out at 1ohm and is wicked with Japanese cotton for a smooth taste.
5.jpg

Pod primed with 50/50 35mg nic salts, left to sit for 5 and the tip is spun and clicked into place.
Theres no adjustable power or airflow with this pen pod, so what have we got?

Airflow wise the draw is a slightly loose MTL or a very restricted lung hit. I like the airflow, not too tight, not too loose but some kind of adjustment would have been nice as everyone likes their airflow different.

The button is nice and clicky and the ramp up time is fast. I like this button setup over draw activated pods as there is usually a slight delay, but not with this pen mod.
Vaptio has listened to their customers and the Spin It is a vast improvement compared to the Solo Flat. The pods are similar, the vape is similar but having a button makes all the difference to the vape.

Vapour production is good but not excellent. I would say its a 7/10 mtl vape or a 3/10 lung vape.
The overall quality of the pen is good and the tip feels right on your lips.

The battery lasted for a pod full of juice, exactly what it was designed to do. It probably would have lasted longer but I didnt push it to find out how long it would actually last. One pod a day is all I vape, so it did its job in my books. Ive filled the pod every day for the last week and it still going strong.

Is the Spin It's spinny feature just a gimmick?
I would say no. It keeps the tip protected and not having it autofire in your pocket is a big bonus.

Overall I would give the Spin It a 7/10
It would have been an 8/10 if it had adjustable airflow.

Is it a fidget spinner?
No!
You will get juice in your eye.
Dont ask me how I know....

These nifty pen pods can be picked up at your usual Chinese vendors for around $20.
Or you can have a good look at the Spin it on Vaptios website https://vaptio.com/catalogue/spin-it_1053/

Attachments

• Vaptio-Spin-It-Vape-Pen-Starter-Kit-650mAh_004554e845e9_l.jpg
    Vaptio-Spin-It-Vape-Pen-Starter-Kit-650mAh_004554e845e9_l.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 152
If you spin it closed then open it, do you have to do 5 clicks to turn it on again or does flipping it just 'lock' and 'unlock' it but keep it turned on?

If you spin it closed then open it, do you have to do 5 clicks to turn it on again or does flipping it just 'lock' and 'unlock' it but keep it turned on?

Nope. once its turned on with 5 clicks, its on.
With it closed (and turned on) it wont fire. Flip the pod and it will.

Nope. once its turned on with 5 clicks, its on.
With it closed (and turned on) it wont fire. Flip the pod and it will.

Gotcha, makes sense I guess as you are just disconnecting the pod but leaving the device on.... that's pretty handy. :)

... shame it's not a bit tighter, I get very tired of vaping on my Teros, it's great for a stealthy nic hit and the perfect shape and size to carry .... but I don't get any real enjoyment vaping on it.

Gotcha, makes sense I guess as you are just disconnecting the pod but leaving the device on.... that's pretty handy. :)

... shame it's not a bit tighter, I get very tired of vaping on my Teros, it's great for a stealthy nic hit and the perfect shape and size to carry .... but I don't get any real enjoyment vaping on it.

Its a tighter draw than the Teros.

Back
Top Bottom