What's new

Review Rincoe Ceto

bellyman

Veteran
I was contacted by @Sourcemore to review some pod systems so this is my opinion, not POTV's, nor Sourcemores.

In simple but clear packaging came the Ceto Pod system from Rincoe.

IMG_20180823_074417.jpg

IMG_20180823_074510.jpg

In the packaging comes the Ceto, an empty 1,3ohm pod, the usual usb cable, warranty card and simple but concise instructions, recommending nic salts and a warning to let the wick soak for 5-8 minutes after filling.
Its a shame an extra pod wasnt included, if I was buying this device I would want a spare pod, but thats just me.

IMG_20180823_074539.jpg

The Rincoe comes in five different colours, from black to gold with irridecent, SS or blue bronze.
Rincoe_Ceto_Kit.jpg

A blue one arrived in my letterbox so the wife and I have been testing this within an inch of its life for a week to see how it performs and to find any issues.

IMG_20180823_074551.jpg

Its a well built pod device that fits ergonomically in the palm of my hand - an aluminium powder coated body with a carbon inlay sticker (it isnt real carbon fibre). Overall it has a nice feel to it and slips discreetly in my shirt or the watch pocket in my jeans, I dont even notice Im carrying it around - thats a big plus as pods should be stylish but primarily stealth.
1528117790263354.jpg

The back is a finger print magnet, the OCD in me hates that but if you like shiny, these are shiny!
IMG_20180823_074609.jpg

The specs.
Battery - 370mah
Pod capacity - 2ml
Coil resistance - 1.2ohms
Size - 80x37x10mm
Charging - 5v/0.5a
1528179634497490.jpg

IMG_20180823_074648.jpg

The quality of the pod is good with no smell of cheap plastic to taint the taste of my juice and it comes with a nice oval size filling port to accomadate needle or unicorn bottle tips, its around 4x8mm, I didnt measure...
IMG_20180823_074716.jpg

IMG_20180823_074832.jpg

Removing the pod, you get 3 flashes from the LED telling you the state of the 370mah battery. Steady blue means fully charged, flashing blue is over 70% charge and flashing red is less than 70%.
1528117802928884.jpg

IMG_20180823_074820.jpg

The pod itself is held securely in place with a nice strong magnet with no movement once its clicked into place.
Fill the pod and let it stand for 5-8minutes and once clicked back into the device, you get a single blue flash of the LED to let you know its connected preoperly, which it did every time without fault.

The Ceto has multiple protections with low voltage, charging and short circuit protection as well as a ten second cutoff.
1528179563727021.jpg

Filled with 20mg nicotine salts and left to stand for 5 minutes, I dont want to burn that wick as theres only one pod!
The Ceto has an 'auto draw' so no buttons. Just puff as you would a cigarette. Rincoe says this about it...
1528117785886239.jpg

So how does it vape?
Taking a toot, there is a very slight delay with the auto draw, not enough that you have to double toot but it could have been a little bit sharper. This means I had to take longer pulls than I normally would but it wasnt like sucking through a straw!

The airflow is a little loose for MTL and lung hitting is impossible but thats not why I use pods. These are designed for a 'traditional' MTL vape but I would have liked to see some kind of air restriction on the pod so I could 'dial the airflow in' to how I vape.

My all day vape is a DIY custard and the flavour is as it usually is with my other devices, but with pods the flavour is never going to be as pronounced as a dedicated RTA.

These auto draw pods are difficult to review as they are so simple, so I ask myself these questions...

Does the auto draw work well? - Its responsive but could be a little quicker. Your face wont implode but I would have prefered a little more vapour with every draw, its not a complaint but it could be improved.

Hows the airflow? - A tad too loose for a nice MTL vape but thats just my preference. It may be perfect if you like a looser vape.

Battery life? - I got through 2ml of liquid before it needed charging and it was charged within 2hrs. It passed the battery test by emptying its pod in one charge.

Vape quality? - Its a pod, the taste was never going to be brilliant but I could taste the custard, so it passes that test.

Pod life? - 5 fills in and the pod is still going strong. Rincoe say its good for 5 fills so it passed the life span test.

Would I buy it? - For $26.90 its a reasonable price, the quality is good, paintwork is good and the pods are good. I would probably buy one for my wife as she likes shiny things but my concern is where to buy spare pods?

Conclusion - I like this pod system. Its ergonomic, lightweight and shiny. My only niggles are the auto draw which could be a little sharper, some way to adjust the airflow and a spare pod in the box would have been nice. I would take this for a night out and it would sit nicely in my shirt or my wifes handbag. She likes it but I think thats because its shiny :hmm:

The Ceto can be bought here for $26.90
https://www.sourcemore.com/rincoe-ceto-pod-system-kit-blue.html

Spare pods dont seem to be avaliable :6:

Thanks again to Ella @Sourcemore for letting me review this device :)

Attachments

• 1528117780753228.jpg
    1528117780753228.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom