What's new

Review Aspire Pockex AIO Review

tiger

Initiate
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new vaper but loving it and have not smoked a cig for weeks. I'm shocked at how i have taken to vaping and this should be a must for all smokers. You save money and your health. At £10 a packet, it has become a joke. I even tried Amber Leaf for the last few years but this is still much more expensive than vaping, though it does depend on how far you take vaping. Making your own coils, e juice etc saves you more.

My first device was this Aspire Pockex. I will not go into technicals as you can find the information anywhere.

I use PG based e juice, vamipre vape and my own mixtures using 60PG / 40VG. 6mg.
Using Vampire Vapes calculator. I tried VG based e juice but makes me feel sick and hated the taste.
Though i tried the VG based juice in my Smok G-Priv, not this Aspire Pockex device.

The Aspire Pockex is nice but not that nice and there are many other nicer devices.

Cons:

Sometimes spits which is not pleasant, but does not happen too often.
The tip gets very hot very quickly, even after 2/3 tokes my lips are not happy about it.
Though it has a 2ml tank, it maybe holds 1.5ml max. Upon refilling i can only get just over 1ml into the tank. This means i am forever refilling it which is awkward having to unscrew the top with the atomiser. I have seen much better refilling systems.
I dislike the charging port being underneath the unit. Though it has never leaked on me and is fine to vape whilst charging i am not keen on having the charge port underneath the unit, but i guess this could be personal taste.
On a couple of occasions whilst vaping and charging the unit it shocked my bottom lip, though was a very small shock much less than sticking your tongue on a 9V battery (when i was young!) Not nice and worrying at first. Easy fix disconnect and then reconnect the charger.

Pros:

Handy, compact so easy to take about.
Does not leak.
Mouth to Lung style vape, which i like.
Sub ohm pen at low wattage 18-23 Watts so don't expect too much.
Atomiser lasts a good amount of time, just keep it topped up. As it comes with 2 atomisers i occasionally wash one, use the other and leave the one i have washed to dry out on tissue, then re-use when changing some flavours. Not sure if this is advised but it has worked for me so far. I have been using these two atomisers for over 3 weeks so far and they seem as good as new. I will update when i need to change them.

Sorry but this device is not for me. The cons outweigh the pros just too much. So it's an easy no no from me.
I am already ready to replace it with another device. Though was cheap to learn at £25, there are cheaper ones to learn from!

I am currently thinking of the Joyetech Unimax 25 as a replacement.
Sorry i cannot recommend this product.

Last edited:
Great to see reviews of simpler beginner style vape devices. We need more reviews like this to encourage new vapers. Thank you [emoji106]

Great to see reviews of simpler beginner style vape devices. We need more reviews like this to encourage new vapers. Thank you [emoji106]

Thank you very much for your support.
I am trying to keep it simple as i would have liked when i started looking into vaping.
Many reviews i have seen on youtube do not concentrate on the cons very well, maybe they get free devices from the manufacturers so like to lick their air holes.
I don't know, but i saw no reviews about the leaking TFV8 big baby beast until after my purchase. It is so simple, PG based e juice is thin so leaks through the big air holes in the TFV8, but no mention of it on reviews. VG based e juice is not for me as it makes me feel sick and the flavour is not nice. Leaking 4.8ml Vampire vape was expensive, i then tried to find out what was going on and leaked another 3ml. Now i understand why it's called the big baby.

Even this Aspire Pockex was a waste of money for me. Burning my lips was an experience i could have done without.

Thank you again.

I have an AIO, and quite like it. I gave up cigs using a Socialites pen then got this. Basically as there was a Socialites kiosk local to me then a vape shop opened.

Ordering equipment online can be quite confusing for beginners, so I have stuck with the starter packs and from a personal opinion if prefer the smaller pen style devices than the bigger box versions

Totally agree more reviews without technical info needed. It all gets too much.
However one thing on will point out 're the pockex is it's meant to be used with vg liquid and this could be why it's spitting or was spitting. I'm using mine with 80/20 and it is I love it.
The reason I'm on here tho is to ask how often anyone had to replace their pockex coils just wondering as was having a conversation/debate earlier as to whether I change mine too much! If so it probs my means I'm using it too much
Cheers!!

Totally agree more reviews without technical info needed. It all gets too much.
However one thing on will point out 're the pockex is it's meant to be used with vg liquid and this could be why it's spitting or was spitting. I'm using mine with 80/20 and it is I love it.
The reason I'm on here tho is to ask how often anyone had to replace their pockex coils just wondering as was having a conversation/debate earlier as to whether I change mine too much! If so it probs my means I'm using it too much
Cheers!!
It might just be the high VG content in your juice buddy.

It might just be the high VG content in your juice buddy.
Thanks! Would this ruin the coil faster then on any device? I'm using the high vg as recommended by the seller and the manufacturer and it does give a great taste and I don't want to swap to lower vg otherwise it may spit and overheat as it's too thin... hmmm

Back
Top Bottom