What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Vaporesso Estoc 2ml Tank One Month On

Dazaster

Initiate
Hello, thought I'd give my two cents on the Vaporesso Estoc tank, which I've had for just over a month now.
I think a month is long enough to get to know it properly, not just "out the box, ooh this is great" stuff. The tank came with a 0.5ohm ceramic coil pre-fitted and a 0.4ohm normal cotton coil as spare.

Let me start my saying I bought this purely for trying out ceramic coils. I also fell for the "greener" promo for the smaller coil bits. Also, I had to get the 2ml, as the Mega now contravenes EU law. Asshats.

First off, looks.
It looks better in the pictures that you see when ordering. That's not to say it's ugly, it's not. But it's pretty generic as far as tanks go. I got the silver one, and it's..OK.

Second, ease of use.
Easy peasy. Top fill, no problem. Replace coil at bottom with full tank, no problem.
As far as filling goes, as long as you don't go over the top of the tube top, you're OK, a little gurgling when filled to the brim, but soon goes away.
One thing I must mention is, even filled up I never experienced ANY spitting with the ceramic coil. I did however have some to begin with when I tried the cotton coil the tank is also supplied with.

Third. Problems.
I had 2 main problems with the tank, depending on which coil is in.
First the ceramic. I've only got two mods working atm, a Coolfire IV and one from a Kanger subox mini c.
The ceramic coil works just fine on the Coolfire, no dry hits or anything. But, when on the Kanger at the same voltage
I experienced strange, um, quiff-like noises accompanied by many dry hits. I've seen a couple of other reviews saying something similar. Upon investigation I found that the mod display shows 9.99ohm resistance when this happens. I got around that by bodging. If you look closely at the contact point at the bottom, it sticks out a tiny bit, unlike say the contact point on a Kanger subtank, which is completely flat. The estok is supplied with two rubber things that are supposed to go over the top for heat protection. They're not needed, so I cut the upright edge off of one and put the flat between the tank and the Kanger mod to create a small gap. Touch wood seems to work.
The normal cotton coil worked just fine on both mods without bodging though.
Unfortunately the cotton coil spits, especially when the tank is full. Also, it doesn't have the flavor of the ceramic.
And the final problem is that up till a few days ago, there had been no leaks at all, but now a bit comes out of the airflow if the tank is on it's side. This only happens with the cotton coil, strangely.
Finally, being a 2ml tank, it drinks juice at higher wattages.

Overall:
It's an OK looking tank and the ceramic coils taste great. Except for that dry hit bit, obviously.
I'll be keeping it a bit longer, just ordered a pack of 10 ceramic coils and I'll try it on another mod when I get one.

To Recommend or Not to Recommend, That is The Question bit:
Yes. Maybe. Probably.
It's fine in some regards, cheap to buy, easy to use. If it works on your mod without any dry hits, definately.

Back
Top Bottom