What's new

Review The Kanger Aerotank - review and rebuild (w/pics)

pauly meatballs

Achiever
2wncsjr.jpg

Hi everyone, just a few pics and observations on the new Kanger Aerotank. I'll also be including a few pics showing how I rebuilt one of the heads.

I bought this device from myepack for £14.99 (plus postage). It was delivered the next day in perfect condition in a neat box. The box contained the kanger aerotank, an instruction booklet, a drip tip, an ego beauty ring and 2x 2.0ohm dual coil heads:

2z53p75.jpg

Some specs on the aerotank:

Food grade Stainless steel body
Pyrex Glass Dual coil Clearomiser
Airflow Control
2.5 ml Capacity
Glue Free: All parts are replaceable
Can be fitted with 510 Drip tip

Here is the aerotank broken down:

2lw4u2e.jpg

The aerotank takes in air via 3 holes in the side of the base. The airflow is widened or tightened by turning the knurled ring:

2ec21ro.jpg

The ring can be a little stiff if it's at the top or bottom of its range. Other than that it works fine. At its most open it's not super airy. Reminded me of the Protank 1 a bit.
A lung inhale is possible though. At its most closed the draw is cut off completely.

Here it is on a few mods, it worked fine on all of them:

nyzl2e.jpg

swz8xt.jpg

Performance:
I've vaped a couple of tanks worth on this clearo and I've had no problems so far. No gurgling, no leaking. I like the aerotank very much, it's well constructed, looks ace, has adjustable airflow and a pyrex tank and it's made of stainless steel.
Not massively impressed with the flavour though compared to other dual coil clearos.

One of the selling points for me with this tank was the convenient way the dual coils are arranged. Looked to me to be ripe for a rebuild, so that's what I did:

----------------------------REBUILD--------------------------------------

(If you've never rebuilt a clearomiser head please don't start here. Master a single coil first. When rebuilding a head you should always check the resistance before using it.)

OK, here's one of the heads after a couple of tanks have been through it,
The coils are stacked one atop the other:

1zfjwuv.jpg

Removed the pin and the grommet, note the position of the leads:

1077vkn.jpg

These are the coils removed, note the chunky flavour wick between them (and no flavour wick atop them) . You may be able to see than non res/res wires have been used. Looks to me like 10 wraps of 0.15 kanthal round 2mm wick:

2r7n636.jpg

I decided to use 7 wraps of 0.15 kanthal around 3mm wick (I noticed that there seemed room enough in the channels for 3mm wick)

6ib7t5.jpg

The rest of the procedure is exactly the same as a single coil head but you put another coil on top of it. I used a piece of 2mm silica as a flavour wick between the coils:

2zzu5ic.jpg

j8ksis.jpg

Trap the leads and trim them as you would a single coil. Trim very close to the body of the head (the closer the better) Trim the wicks nice and neat:

28vvtle.jpg

Stuck in into the base and checked the resistance:

2lnbkap.jpg

And Bob's your Aunt Mary!
It was a LOT easier than the aspire heads (they're nightmareish!).
Performance is defo improved with the rebuilt head. Not hugely but still better.
I was surprised by how much room is in those channels, I'd say there's room enough for a couple of quite meaty microcoils.

Ok thanks for reading this, please take the time to leave a comment,
have a great day,
Paul

2wfntkp.jpg

Last edited:
good job paul now i will get 1 of the Aerotank just need this info

thanks

Great review pauly meatballs , may have a go at a rebuild on mine one day :) Did you order any spare heads with yours? If so were you sent protank 3 heads?

Thanks pauly meatballs,nice review as usual,will have to put this on my list,tho still got 3xprotanks unused bought as a job lot very cheap when the new ones come out lol

Thanks bud, no I never ordered any more heads, I see on their site the PT3 heads and the aerotank heads are sold seperately.

Yes, i ordered
[h=3]AEROTANK DUAL COIL HEAD 2.0 OHM[/h]15047

but was sent dual coil unit for protank 3. Havn't tried them yet, they do look the same though.

Great review, definitely looking at this now for when I make the move away from batteries and the semi-disposable clearos (post-payday).

Thanks very much pauly_Meatballs

Have you got a aspire davide? And can compare to that for flavour. Was thinking of the nautilus, but this is cheaper and looks better

Have you got a aspire davide? And can compare to that for flavour. Was thinking of the nautilus, but this is cheaper and looks better

Yeah I have an Aspire davide. It remains my fave clearo and the one I'd recommend above the others. You can use the aspire heads or the regular protank/evod type heads and it's glass. No other device offers that.
On the other hand, a lot of people don't get on with the aspire heads and the davide doesn't have adjustable airflow, nor is it made of stainless steel like the aerotank.
Nice hedging eh? :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom