What's new

Smok Spirals Tank

Enoch

Achiever
After vaping on a Cleito for around 10 months daily (check my review!) i decided to buy a new tank and wanted something different and this caught my eye. The latest tank from Smok, flavour over vapour it seems to sell itself on, so curiously i decided to pick one up. Been vaping with it for a few days now so here is my thoughts from your average vaper!

Initial impression is that it is small, very small. It holds 2 mil, but only a mil less than the cleito which seems to dwarf it, which i can't comprehend but there you go. Design wise it is quite good, the spirals name comes from the top of the tank under the drip tip which you use to unscrew. the tank looks nice, and would look even better on a small mod. Playing with the tank, i found it quite fiddly to take it apart. I know there is a proper way of doing it but i found that it didn't dismantle the way it should do, instead i have to take the top bit off first before the bottom bit. Not a major issue for me, just annoying. I couldn't actually get the pre installed coil out so i have been using the .6 coil that came with it. Weight wise it feels heavy for its size, which again is a good thing, nice and solid.

You get the .6 coil, the .4 coil, spare glass, RBA deck (with pre built coil), RBA kit, all within the box. The box itself is a very nice sleeve on SMOK box so well packaged. The coils just to touch on them, have 8 wicking holes, designed to deal with higher VG liquid. They seem packed with cotton, but after i accidentally blasted one at 55w a few times today, the burnt taste did not stick around which is a good sign in itself. Flavour seems to hold on the coils after changing, but again that seems to vary from liquid to liquid. The milk and honey came through quicker than the previous did for the thug juice. As it was a new coil i will go with the assumption flavour change is quite quick though, benefit of the doubt there.

So onto how it works. It is a nice tank, but not what you expect. There is certainly a tighter air flow than a regular sub ohm tank, so don't expect to be vaping it like you would do another sub ohm tank. Plus the drip tip provided is small so might be worth investing in a new bigger one if you prefer that. the vapour production? Excellent. Really excellent, i am vaping mine at 28w currently and i get enough vapour from it that i would expect a 45w tank to be giving me. the .4 (i think) coil is optimised at around 35w so i imagine this will give a lot more vapour off again. But generally it won't MTL you, you will be drawing vapour from it to satisfy your 'hit'. As for flavour? Very very good. I have found different flavours seem to react differently. My Thug juice seem to dull a little bit in the tank, but putting my tasteless milk and honey into it, suddenly i know what it tastes like! (problem as i threw it all away haha) So as for flavour, it gives you it in abundance, more so than a higher wattage tank. Is it one of the best? It is the best for flavour i have had, beside the first time using the atlantis, but then the spirals seem to have more consistency on it so far.

the negatives? the tank isn't as easy to take apart. If you are not lucky then there is a chance that trying to take the top part off will remove it at the bottom instead. Not good if you have a tank full of liquid! the airflow, won't satisfy many people. I think there has been a misconception with this tank that it might be 'airy' when it really isn't. It is tight, but then the power reflects that, a middle ground between MTL and lung vaping in terms of vapour prodction. The size as well is a con for me, 2 mils isn't big enough for an all day tank, so if they bring out a bigger one then great.

So overall, is this a good tank? Yes it is, especially at around 20 pounds which it seems to sell at. The flavour is good, the vapour production at this power is good, the tank is well made and put it on a smaller mod and it will fit snugly.

so in summary

Flavour- A (very very good)
Vapour- A (for what it offers)
Quality of Tank - B (bit more fiddly than the cleito)
Ease of use - A (Simple top fill device)
Price - A (only just, if you pay under 25 for it)

Sacred rating- 8/10

Fantastic tank for what it does and what it gives you, just appears to be more of a sub ohm tank than what it actually is which will disappoint some.

Back
Top Bottom