What's new

Review Eleaf Pico Baby Kit.. it's a little device!

Simon G

Olympian
I was sent this kit for the purpose of this review and I would like to thank Maggie @Healthcabin again for giving me the opportunity to let you lot know what it's like before parting with your cash.

Most of us are pretty familiar with the Eleaf Pico range of mods by now, they started small, then got a bit wider, then got a little taller ... it had a few different clothing changes but the overall style and design didn't change that much... so what does this new Pico Baby have to offer in the way of difference ...... other than being tiny?

WP_20180521_13_55_43_Pro.jpg

Quite a bit actually, the most obvious thing being the little 'GS Baby' tank sat right down inside it. The fire button has moved to where the battery cap is on the regular pico and the button has a handy spinning disc lock to stop accidental presses. It's the first I've seen of it's kind and it's a good idea and functions well. ... you can of course press 5 times to turn the mod off if you prefer.

The biggest difference is the fact there is no adjustable power, there's no information in the manual to tell you what voltage the mod is putting out and whether it's a fixed regulated voltage or just using the voltage supplied by the cell.... but there is a 3.3v cutoff and it says "Maximum 25w" ... to me it feels like I'm vaping around 10w with the tank and coils provided. There isn't actually a lot of information in the manual at all. I presume because this is aimed at new and inexperienced vapers they just wanted to keep it as simple as possible and get people vaping right away without having to worry about things written in the manual. Personally I would have liked to see a little more information and specs.

WP_20180521_13_56_41_Pro.jpg

In the box we also get a USB cable, o-rings, a spare coil, which is 0.75ohms the resistance that the kit is designed to work best at and the same as the one fitted in the tank. I think that's a good thing for new vapers too, no need to worry about different coil heads and different resistances. We also get a little vape band that covers the top of the glass that pokes out the top of the tank, which while I'm not usually one for using vape bands, it does actually make a lot of sense in this case... and finally a small rectangle of black plastic which I still have no idea it's purpose a week on ... I'll update if I figure that out.

WP_20180521_13_57_59_Pro.jpg

The 2ml tank is a narrow affair that looks a bit 'old fashioned' to be honest, it's bottom fill and looks like something from 3 or 4 years ago.... but most of it is hidden inside the tank, so I guess it doesn't really matter about the aesthetics too much. It has a adjustable airflow that can go from 'too tight for me' to 'too lose for me' so that's a pretty wide MTL range and it just about does a restricted DTL ... just, but considering the vapour production isn't massive I think this is best suited for MTL vapers really. The tank comes with a metal tip, that I really didn't like. It's a shame eleaf didn't provide one made of delrin or something similar so you have a choice out of the box. It does take a standard sized tip though, so simple enough to change if you want to. I'm vaping Indigene Paraxu in it, flavour is good, vapour production is about average for a MTL set up... so over all despite the looks and the metal tip it gives a very decent vape. There's a magnet base screwed onto the 510 pin which connects it firmly in the mod, it's a nice simple system and it works well, especially with a bottom fill tank.... again it makes this a little simpler for new vapers.

WP_20180521_14_01_11_Pro.jpg

Here it is next to my regular pico set up. Overall it's a fair bit smaller and if you have larger hands it would be proper stealthy. (I think my black tip looks better too)

WP_20180521_13_59_06_Pro.jpg

It has a 1050mAh built in cell that I never had to charge more than once a day, so not too shabby for such a small device. It also has a little LED in the side that will flash more as your cell runs down, for me it's on the wrong side of the mod buried in my hand though, so I never really noticed it until it stopped firing.

WP_20180521_13_58_33_Pro.jpg

My final thoughts after a week of use? For a new vaper I think it's a good kit, it's as simple as any refillable pod system and if you would rather have a small and stealthy mod and tank than a pod, then this will do the job for sure. But for more experience vapers I think you may find it all a bit restrictive without having even a simple voltage adjustment or choice of coil resistances. Depending on who you are, that could be a big plus or a big minus.

I still find the fire button placement a little uncomfortable, I guess I've got so used to 'triggering' my mods this will take some getting used to... and because it's so tiny finding out the most comfortable way to grip on the mod can be a little challenging.

But overall there isn't much to knock this kit for, it's really simple to use and it vapes well and I've had good flavour from the coil (which is still spot on after a week, so the coils aren't gunking out in a few days or anything like that)

Healthcabin have this full kit in stock for $31.99 in a range of colours, which for a mod and tank isn't too shabby, if this kind of simple to use device is something you (or a friend/relative) are looking for.

https://www.healthcabin.net/eleaf-istick-pico-baby-kit-p/17601.html?cPath=1453_1570

The black version comes with a black tank, which looks pretty smart and stealthy too. :)

If you have any questions on anything I've not covered, or would like an update or advice on anything please ask, I'm not one of these people that post a review and run off. :)

Thanks for reading, Simon G

Last edited:
Tidy review. Still trying to get the wife to at least start to give up smoking so this looks easy to use. Is it any good with 70/30 or would it need something a tad thinner for those coils to work.

Nice review

I bought one of these (mod only) from Fasttech, as an impulse buy, last month thinking I would put my unused naturevape mini in it. It didn’t come with the o-ring (vape band), like it says it does, which enables you to stabilise 14mm tanks (plus the 14mm tank looked a bit ridiculous). Rather than leave it in the drawer I decided to buy the GS Baby tank and magnet from TECC to complete the kit and just use it for nic salts. I’ve been using it a few weeks, can’t comment on flavour since I’ve been using unflavoured but it makes a cracking little stealth device, may not have been my first choice ... but I like it.

Tidy review. Still trying to get the wife to at least start to give up smoking so this looks easy to use. Is it any good with 70/30 or would it need something a tad thinner for those coils to work.

I can let you know soon ..... after this coil is junked I'll put the other in and wack some 70/30 in and see what happens. :)

It might be ok, because they aren't tiny holes in the coils. It has 4 slots that, while aren't massive great smok jobbies, are a fair bit bigger than a nautilus coil for example.

These are what they look like @tony68 .... I think they might be ok with average thickness 70/30 ... I'll try some rejuiced anyway as they are fairly thick.

coils.JPG

These are what they look like @tony68 .... I think they might be ok with average thickness 70/30 ... I'll try some rejuiced anyway as they are fairly thick.

View attachment 161039
Yes they look big for that size of coil. Nautilus coils worked fine with 70/30. So in theory these should be fine and look cheap to buy as well. Thanks for the time you're taking.

Yes they look big for that size of coil. Nautilus coils worked fine with 70/30. So in theory these should be fine and look cheap to buy as well. Thanks for the time you're taking.

hey mate ... been vaping 70% VG in it for the last couple of hours ... seems fine, flavour has taken a tumble but I always find that (and why I try to stick to 50/50 in this kind of thing) but I gave it a good prime and the slots were absorbing the liquid very quickly outside of the tank and no issues since filling it up either, so I think you'll be fine.

hey mate ... been vaping 70% VG in it for the last couple of hours ... seems fine, flavour has taken a tumble but I always find that (and why I try to stick to 50/50 in this kind of thing) but I gave it a good prime and the slots were absorbing the liquid very quickly outside of the tank and no issues since filling it up either, so I think you'll be fine.
Great stuff . Thanks for letting me know. Definitely going to get one for the wife now. She likes the smell and the idea of vaping but cant be bothered to do anything about it. But now if this pico can float her boat and can use my juices as well its a win win .
Thanks @simong

It does indeed look tidy.
We spoke about alternative tanks before and I dug out the aerotank mini which accepts nature vape coils and that fits if anyone wants to upgrade the flavour a little. That said it sounds like it does a good job as is.
Nice review bud.

I was sent this kit for the purpose of this review and I would like to thank Maggie @Healthcabin again for giving me the opportunity to let you lot know what it's like before parting with your cash.

Most of us are pretty familiar with the Eleaf Pico range of mods by now, they started small, then got a bit wider, then got a little taller ... it had a few different clothing changes but the overall style and design didn't change that much... so what does this new Pico Baby have to offer in the way of difference ...... other than being tiny?

View attachment 161030

Quite a bit actually, the most obvious thing being the little 'GS Baby' tank sat right down inside it. The fire button has moved to where the battery cap is on the regular pico and the button has a handy spinning disc lock to stop accidental presses. It's the first I've seen of it's kind and it's a good idea and functions well. ... you can of course press 5 times to turn the mod off if you prefer.

The biggest difference is the fact there is no adjustable power, there's no information in the manual to tell you what voltage the mod is putting out and whether it's a fixed regulated voltage or just using the voltage supplied by the cell.... but there is a 3.3v cutoff and it says "Maximum 25w" ... to me it feels like I'm vaping around 10w with the tank and coils provided. There isn't actually a lot of information in the manual at all. I presume because this is aimed at new and inexperienced vapers they just wanted to keep it as simple as possible and get people vaping right away without having to worry about things written in the manual. Personally I would have liked to see a little more information and specs.

View attachment 161031

In the box we also get a USB cable, o-rings, a spare coil, which is 0.75ohms the resistance that the kit is designed to work best at and the same as the one fitted in the tank. I think that's a good thing for new vapers too, no need to worry about different coil heads and different resistances. We also get a little vape band that covers the top of the glass that pokes out the top of the tank, which while I'm not usually one for using vape bands, it does actually make a lot of sense in this case... and finally a small rectangle of black plastic which I still have no idea it's purpose a week on ... I'll update if I figure that out.

View attachment 161032

The 2ml tank is a narrow affair that looks a bit 'old fashioned' to be honest, it's bottom fill and looks like something from 3 or 4 years ago.... but most of it is hidden inside the tank, so I guess it doesn't really matter about the aesthetics too much. It has a adjustable airflow that can go from 'too tight for me' to 'too lose for me' so that's a pretty wide MTL range and it just about does a restricted DTL ... just, but considering the vapour production isn't massive I think this is best suited for MTL vapers really. The tank comes with a metal tip, that I really didn't like. It's a shame eleaf didn't provide one made of delrin or something similar so you have a choice out of the box. It does take a standard sized tip though, so simple enough to change if you want to. I'm vaping Indigene Paraxu in it, flavour is good, vapour production is about average for a MTL set up... so over all despite the looks and the metal tip it gives a very decent vape. There's a magnet base screwed onto the 510 pin which connects it firmly in the mod, it's a nice simple system and it works well, especially with a bottom fill tank.... again it makes this a little simpler for new vapers.

View attachment 161034

Here it is next to my regular pico set up. Overall it's a fair bit smaller and if you have larger hands it would be proper stealthy. (I think my black tip looks better too)

View attachment 161035

It has a 1050mAh built in cell that I never had to charge more than once a day, so not too shabby for such a small device. It also has a little LED in the side that will flash more as your cell runs down, for me it's on the wrong side of the mod buried in my hand though, so I never really noticed it until it stopped firing.

View attachment 161036

My final thoughts after a week of use? For a new vaper I think it's a good kit, it's as simple as any refillable pod system and if you would rather have a small and stealthy mod and tank than a pod, then this will do the job for sure. But for more experience vapers I think you may find it all a bit restrictive without having even a simple voltage adjustment or choice of coil resistances. Depending on who you are, that could be a big plus or a big minus.

I still find the fire button placement a little uncomfortable, I guess I've got so used to 'triggering' my mods this will take some getting used to... and because it's so tiny finding out the most comfortable way to grip on the mod can be a little challenging.

But overall there isn't much to knock this kit for, it's really simple to use and it vapes well and I've had good flavour from the coil (which is still spot on after a week, so the coils aren't gunking out in a few days or anything like that)

Healthcabin have this full kit in stock for $31.99 in a range of colours, which for a mod and tank isn't too shabby, if this kind of simple to use device is something you (or a friend/relative) are looking for.

https://www.healthcabin.net/eleaf-istick-pico-baby-kit-p/17601.html?cPath=1453_1570

The black version comes with a black tank, which looks pretty smart and stealthy too. :)

If you have any questions on anything I've not covered, or would like an update or advice on anything please ask, I'm not one of these people that post a review and run off. :)

Thanks for reading, Simon G
All information states the top pulls off for filling bud.
Give it a tug, lol.

Back
Top Bottom