What's new

Review Cubis Tank from Joyetech

Here is my experience with this tank. An honest unbiased opinion.
I bought this from joyetech uk they are selling it at £29.99 but with discount code it can be cheaper. It came with 3 coils. Two 0.5 and 1ohm SS316 coils and another Clapton coil. At first look the built quality looks very poor considering the other products on the market. Even the name of the tank is poorly primted. No laser etching no fancy stuff. A very basic cheap looking tank.
However since it's unique product so let's ignore the overall built quality.
I tried first the 0.5ohm coil and after dripping e-liquids on the coil left it for 2h to soak the juice which was 70vg 30pg blend.
I followed the instructions thinking it's unique tank so let's operate it as per the book. The max wattage stated on the coil is 30w. Used the coil at 20w took couple of puffs and just after 5th got a nasty burnet hit. Tried again after leaving a gap between pulls with no joy at all.
Drained the high VG juice changed it to 50/50 blend and there it goes again. 3pull and full nasty burnt hit.
This time thought to change it in SS 316 mod on cuboid at recommended 30w no cloud production taste aweful.
Contacted Joyetech UK today and the procedure was told to set the wattage at 60w and start it from 360f in SS mod and to avoid using higher VG based e-liquids.
This is completely opposite to what was written on the coil and in the manual.
Come on Joyetech We are in 2016 with such a wide variety of tanks to choose from and here we have Alledgly an innovative product which unfortunately does not perform as close to any cheap sub-ohm tank.
My opinion on the tank is don't waste your money on a tank which has such a poor performance and built quality in my opinion and experience so far. This only looks good in pictures but not good in the real usage. Innovation should come with performance enhancement as well not at the cost of performance. Don't get carried away by biased reviews and consider the reviews from the real users.
Thanks
My

Just for your info i purchased this tank as you did, and i can assure you my review is unbiased, i have been running the 0.5 coil for a week now, with a 75vg liquid and it its performing well, no burning and also using at 33 watts, the coils do seem to need extra bedding in, the acid test will be the consistency of the coils. as you can see from the video i am vaping constituently on it? don't know where you get off calling my review biased, joyetech have never sent anything to me for free to review.

I have posted it in the wrong section and did not mean to give an impression that your review is biased. I did't even check that there is a video on this thread as I was using my mobile app. Hope this will clarify my post. I have started a new thread where everyone is sharing their experience on cubis.

In-fact I have just played part of this video and recognized it was you. I do watch your videos on youtube and your opinion is very well regarded and genuine to say. I will watch this video thoroughly when I reach home. Sorry if my post has gave a bad impression on your opinion as it was not at all intended. I have now received a new coil from Joytech and will give it another try.
Thanks

Last edited:
I have posted it in the wrong section and did not mean to give an impression that your review is biased. I did't even check that there is a video on this thread as I was using my mobile app. Hope this will clarify my post. I have started a new thread where everyone is sharing their experience on cubis.

In-fact I have just played part of this video and recognized it was you. I do watch your videos on youtube and your opinion is very well regarded and genuine to say. I will watch this video thoroughly when I reach home. Sorry if my post has gave a bad impression on your opinion as it was not at all intended. I have now received a new coil from Joytech and will give it another try.
Thanks
No Problem at all mate, i will update if i have any issues too, i did find that the coils need longer to bed in, and i left on low watts for half a day before i turned up, im on about 10 days on the same coil, running at 33watts and good so far.
Thanks for replying just wanted to clarify that my review was unbiased as i have nothing to gain by giving a positive review.

Back
Top Bottom