What's new

Aspire Cleito - First Impressions

wraith

Achiever
It's been a while since I used a tank with pre-built coils. I'm more of a dripper guy who uses an RTA when I need the convenience.

However, I won an Aspire Cleito* in @aspire's competition so felt I should say something about it.

Writing this on a phone and the tank is full of juice so for details, specs and pics check out their website..

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/cleito/236.html

I really like how simple this tank is. Base, coil/chimney, pyrex sleeve, topcap, driptip. That's it. All very well made and clean. There is an argument that a design is only complete when you can't remove anything else from it and this kind of fits that ideal.

An example is the dip tip; it's just a thin delron tube that fits over the exit port on the topcap.

Machining is top-notch. Everything screws together silky smooth with no snags and just the right resistance. No hint of machine oil but then there is not a huge amount of metal in it.

It looks great. Really simple and minimalist with no unnecessarily complicated styling and the subtle branding is saved for the coil/chimney.

Mine is black and so the white bottom o-ring is a bit obvious which is disappointing but not horrible. Would have preferred black or, even better, a selection of colours.

The selection of colours thing is covered by the four silicone caps that can be fitted over the topcap either for aesthetic reasons or to tell multiple tanks apart. It's a nice idea but, like the included vape-bands, makes an otherwise clean, simple design more complicated and fussy. Would really have preferred coloured o-rings for the tank.

Top filling is laughably easy. Unscrew the topcap and squirt in the juice. No leaks, no mess, no problem.

Performance wise I'm using the 0.2ohm nickel coil in on a Sigelei 75w TC mod at 65w, 300c with some DIY sour apple 70%vg.
I'm doing a direct comparison with a Cthulhu v2 with dual kanthal claptons at 0.3ohm on a SMPL clone and to be fair there is not much between them.

My taste buds are notoriously knackerd and only ever vape "full open" but the flavour is good. Not Derringer good but a match for the Cthulhu. Same for clouds. Vape is very airy full open and airflow is, of course, fully adjustable.

This is a beautifully designed and made tank that is as simple as it can be. Cheap, effective, good looking and innovative with some nice extras. No leaks so far even when filling and handles 70% vg juice easily.

Only niggles are that it does get hot when chain-vaping and I'd rather have coloured o-rings than the coloured 'hats'. The 510 connector positive pin might be a little too short to feel safe putting it on a hybrid mod.

It's not a game-changer but is very nice and sets a good baseline for new tanks in 2016.

* my phone auto-correct insists that this should be spelled 'clitoris'.

Last edited:
Mine has just been delivered today.... yet to try it but looking forward to it, thanks for sharing your views

Back
Top Bottom