Innokin
What's new

Review Arctic Sub-Ohm Tank by HorizonTech

MrTeaTime

Legend
Now, i need to make this clear right from the very start......I have no connection to the seller or have EVER bought anything from them. I was contacted by myvapedeal and asked if i would like to review a product from there range. I received this FREE OF CHARGE so this product has no monetary value to me, and as such will be an honest review.....

Product can be bought from here....Authentic HORIZON TECH ARCTIC TANK SUB OHM 0.5 & 0.2 OHM BTDC COILS AIR CONTROL - MyVapeDeal

The Arctic was shipped on Friday, with tracking, via china post. And it arrived this morning at 8.20am!! This is a record for me to get anything so quickly :)

So, heres the Arctic out of the padded envelope

20150429_130939_zpsjmu9w2cb.jpg

It comes in a sturdy plastic case, and on the other side........

20150429_131732_zps9oyiirzv.jpg

The instructions!

You will notice that there is the advisory notice regarding batteries.....

It comes supplied with a 0.20ohm head coil, and a 0.50ohm head which was already fitted. I was free from any funky smell or machine oil so was good to go.....

The construction seems pretty solid, with a nice 510 drip tip, which can be swapped out for one of your own if you so wish. The tank is made up of stainless steel, and the tank is pyrex :).

Juice capacity is just about 3ml....it is stated at 2,5ml, but i managed to get just 3ml with no problem with leakage or weeping

Right then....on to the vape....now im going to use the Kanger SubTank as a basis of comparison, as in my opinion, the subtank is the best subtank on the market (remember, thats just my opinion)

So, i tested this out using a juice im pretty familiar with, and know 'how' it should taste and perform. So....filled up with nipplejuice, and allowed the coils to soak for a few minutes. I used the 0.50ohm coil first as this was fitted, and i had the airflow on all four slots open.....

20150429_131602_zpspg3tawk8.jpg

The airflow goes on for days :) and is good....in comparison to the kanger subtank, this has superior airflow, and doesnt whistle. The coils dont "rattlesnake" either (which did in the aspire atlantis i had)

I started at 25 watts, and the performance was a bit meh.....no better then the kanger, but no worse.....as i cranked the power, the vape began to improve as i increased the wattage. At 48 watts, this tank absolutely sings. The vapour procuction is epic, warm, but not to warm, and the vapour is thick.

What surprised me the most was the flavour. At anything less then 30 watts this isnt as good as the kanger, but, anything above 35w + and this becomes an real flavour machine. Now the only problem that this may cause is your battery life.....i never have to change batteries when i take my ipv2s out....i vape at around 28watts with a .50ohm head in the kanger and i never had to change batteries, ive always had a little more then half a bar left.....not so vaping at 48-50watts....i managed to use a fully charged samsung 25r battery in 6 hours of vaping this, so if you do purchase this be mindful of your battery usage!

Overall, this is a cracking piece of kit, and i would have quite happily paid the $26.99 asking price. The shipping was incredibly quick....

would i choose this over the Kanger SubTank? Well.....the Arctic beats the kanger for airflow, and flavour (at higher wattage settings) and ive enjoyed vaping it all day. The coils seem to be able to take a lot of wattage (more then the kanger) but the Arctic seems to lack for flavour at anything lower then 30 watts....

This is a close call, but i still think that the kanger edges it ever so slightly for me, just because at lower watts it performs better.....but its close :D

8/10 on this....its an outstanding piece of kit......

MyVapeDeal - Vape Quality at The Best Price

The Electronic Cigarette Company
That's a nice review there mate. Such a whore though ;)

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Vape Green
Speedy delivery though eh? Blows fasttech and gearbest out the water!

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Premier Ecigs
I love mine too!! I'm slightly in favour of the Atlantis 2 at the moment but still have the Arctic on a mod all the time. My only negative of this tank is how fast it drinks eliquid. Using the 0.2 ohm coil at 70-80 watts I can do a tank in 25-30 mins!! That's a lot of juice!!

By the way. Because you got this for free your review is shit and means nothing. NOTHING I TELL YOU!!

#theriseandriseofcuntism

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I love mine too!! I'm slightly in favour of the Atlantis 2 at the moment but still have the Arctic on a mod all the time. My only negative of this tank is how fast it drinks eliquid. Using the 0.2 ohm coil at 70-80 watts I can do a tank in 25-30 mins!! That's a lot of juice!!

By the way. Because you got this for free your review is shit and means nothing. NOTHING I TELL YOU!!

#theriseandriseofcuntism

fuck.off.

#theriseandriseofcuntism

AcmeFog
It's ironic that the 3 biggest freeloaders on here are the ones mocking the idea that being given free stuff influences the ability to be objective in a review.

Marketing people have long been wise to the effects of 'the reciprocity principle' when it comes to giving away stuff.

But I guess you 3 know better.

Anyway, the vast majority of people on this site have been really helpful to me on my journey, I've had some good laughs and learned a lot. Thank you all.

Bye now.

It's ironic that the 3 biggest freeloaders on here are the ones mocking the idea that being given free stuff influences the ability to be objective in a review.

Marketing people have long been wise to the effects of 'the reciprocity principle' when it comes to giving away stuff.

Anyway, the vast majority of people on this site have been really helpful to me on my journey, I've had some good laughs and learned a lot. Thank you all.

Bye now.

See ya later alligator

Smoore

Bye now.
I was up for calling you out as a cunt....but theres to much of that on here already.....so.....

I was contacted by the vendor and asked, yep, asked to pick ANYTHING from the site for review....he has some pretty nice stuff on there and some that are way more expensive, but i thought i wouldnt take the piss....

anyway......

You seem like an educated fellow arboreal and im sure that this is just something that pisses you off, we all have "niggles" about stuff......i was upfront about it being free, and i was under no obligation to be gushing about it, and in fact the vendor wanted to know any problems or negatives with it......I feel i was balanced with the review and honest....if you have a problem with that then theres fuck all i can do about it, and you fucking off really doesnt resolve nowt now does it?

Id like to know what your problem is and why you seem to want to wind people up? as a good majority of your posts are very lighthearted and well thought out.....??

And i do take offence at being called a freeloader........

Back
Top Bottom