What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Aerotank Turbo

Ment

Legend
I was eager to get my hands on one of these, having been swept along the with the quest for more power that has built up over the last year.

While waiting for its release, I got my first Kayfun and the Turbo suddenly wasn't so attractive. How could it improve on the Kayfun? But, never one to resist a bargain, I'd picked up 60 new Kanger coils at 75p each in anticipation of the Turbo so I had to get one.

I've had it 2 weeks now and have mixed feelings. 26650 size, it takes 2 dual coil units, and has massive airflow. I guess Kanger were aiming for the "straight to lung" market which I'm not a fan of.

It needs at least 25 watts to fire properly, and this gave me a problem finding the right juice - custards are out of the question and my ADV is in my Kayfun. Having found one it liked (Mount Baker Cinnamon Roll), I found that at 12mg/ml I couldn't take more than 3 draws without my throat feeling like I'd smoked a pack of unfiltered Camel's in quick succession.

I mixed up something fruity at 6mg/ml and this is fine.

Today, I replaced one of the coils with a dead one and it's brilliant, but now it's just an Aerotank Giant, and with a 1.5 ohm coil in, my Novus mech is struggling with it which is a pity because it does look good on my Novus.

To summarise, it needs more playing around with to find the right setup, but being a 26650 and with RBA's really taking off, it's not going to be popular and will probably die out with barely a whimper.

The plus points are no leaks or gurgling, no dry hits, good flavour, the enormous amount of liquid it holds and the fact that it's huge power makes low nicotine juices satisfying. But I feel this must be the end of the road in terms of power for clearomisers. Manufacturers need to concentrate on better quality, longer lasting coils and tanks that produce more flavour.

novusturbo.jpg

Sitting on my Novus.

I was eager to get my hands on one of these, having been swept along the with the quest for more power that has built up over the last year.

While waiting for its release, I got my first Kayfun and the Turbo suddenly wasn't so attractive. How could it improve on the Kayfun? But, never one to resist a bargain, I'd picked up 60 new Kanger coils at 75p each in anticipation of the Turbo so I had to get one.

I've had it 2 weeks now and have mixed feelings. 26650 size, it takes 2 dual coil units, and has massive airflow. I guess Kanger were aiming for the "straight to lung" market which I'm not a fan of.

It needs at least 25 watts to fire properly, and this gave me a problem finding the right juice - custards are out of the question and my ADV is in my Kayfun. Having found one it liked (Mount Baker Cinnamon Roll), I found that at 12mg/ml I couldn't take more than 3 draws without my throat feeling like I'd smoked a pack of unfiltered Camel's in quick succession.

I mixed up something fruity at 6mg/ml and this is fine.

Today, I replaced one of the coils with a dead one and it's brilliant, but now it's just an Aerotank Giant, and with a 1.5 ohm coil in, my Novus mech is struggling with it which is a pity because it does look good on my Novus.

To summarise, it needs more playing around with to find the right setup, but being a 26650 and with RBA's really taking off, it's not going to be popular and will probably die out with barely a whimper.

The plus points are no leaks or gurgling, no dry hits, good flavour, the enormous amount of liquid it holds and the fact that it's huge power makes low nicotine juices satisfying. But I feel this must be the end of the road in terms of power for clearomisers. Manufacturers need to concentrate on better quality, longer lasting coils and tanks that produce more flavour.

View attachment 35752

Sitting on my Novus.

Great review pal thinking of getting one myself out of interest where did you get the coils from?

Great review pal thinking of getting one myself out of interest where did you get the coils from?

Vapemate's summer sale, they've sold out now but you can get authentic Kangers from FT for under £1.

Back
Top Bottom