What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Vaptio Solo-Flat

bellyman

Veteran
Bought and paid for with my own money, this this is my opinion, not POTV's.

I was rather excited to recieve The Vaptio Solo Flat, this being my first real 'pen type' pod mod since my ego days. Being a guy 'of a certain age', I still have fond memories of Battlestar Galactica and the Vaption has a Sleek and sexy Vogon look to it.
Take my money off me now!!!
VAPTIO_SOLO-FLAT_KIT1_XK4KRcW.width-1600.jpg

So this rather sleek package arrived in the post.
Solo-Flat-Kit-12.jpg

Looking good so far, what are the stats?
vaptio-solo-flat-specs.jpg

On paper, everything adds up. Battery life is acceptable, power output is acceptable, with a less than 2hr charging time.
authentic-vaptio-solo-flat-650mah-all-in-one-starter-kit-black-gold-1-ohm-15ml.jpg

Three colours to choose from.
solo-flat-colours.jpg

Simple top filling of the pod.
authentic-vaptio-solo-flat-650mah-all-in-one-starter-kit-.jpg

As usual, pod primed with 20mg nic salt, 70pg and left to stand for 5 minutes.
First toot. Mouth to lung, cigarette style. Nothing. No light, no taste, no vapour, nada.......Ké!
Second toot. A missive lung hit chug and the suck activation light just comes on, little vapour comes back out and I have a god awful taste of plastic in my mouth.
Time to have a good sniff to see where the horrible plastic taste is coming from?
The mouthpiece and the rubber fill grommet on the tank are the culprits. I wash the mouthpiece and grommet, then try again. Not so bad, but it still tastes awful so I chalk it up to a duff coil and try another pod.
Pod primed and off we go again.......
A horrible funky taste again and the suck activation, well, that sucks.

Pro's

Looks sexy
Lightweight
Shirtpocket friendly

Con's
Suck activation is terrible
Plastic materials are of poor quality
Coils taste nasty

Can I recommend this one.
No, not at all.
tmchn.jpg

Attachments

• vaptio-solo-flat-specs.jpg
    vaptio-solo-flat-specs.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
All Vaptio gear I've tried had deal-breaking 'plastic-taste' issues on one or more of the components.
It's a shame they had to go and choose those iffy materials to construct the drip-tips/ shields/ etc, as they
have some good design ideas otherwise.

All Vaptio gear I've tried had deal-breaking 'plastic-taste' issues on one or more of the components.
It's a shame they had to go and choose those iffy materials to construct the drip-tips/ shields/ etc, as they
have some good design ideas otherwise.

Agreed.
Nice design let down by cheap components.

Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear this. Ah well, we live and learn. I’d still recommend the suorin air, still in daily use and works great. I’m going to have a look at the pods later and see about wicking/rebuilding it. Will let you know.

I will be reviewing the Suorin Air when it arrives, along with others.
The Arctic Dolphin will be next.

You have a few on the way eh? Look forward to hearing your thoughts on them all.

such a shame as this looks smart and sylish, I was waiting on this one for months but then went off it and now that I've seen this review, Im glad I never bought this.

The thing with the spin, is that it looks like one of those hinged torches that doctors use to poke about in your ears.

... back to the ‘HerpesCigar’ end of things...

Also redolent of those swabs they use for testing for the above &/or other STD’s

Back
Top Bottom