Legend
75EF482D-B198-48A8-BFFB-7B4F1BF321B1.jpeg
73321218-32D5-4017-B3A7-05DC35DDE0DD.jpeg
3A6F0D64-3B1D-426C-9BB7-9BEDB44E541B.jpeg
146C244F-83AA-4C2D-B96E-EAF288F26BDE.jpeg
238388BB-2786-4BE8-AC2C-D05B54025FAB.jpeg
3B36E3C5-16A9-4AE1-8931-F9CA1A663D4B.jpeg
B4BB204B-4B05-4D30-AC2F-AE583B22F635.jpeg
With the number of pod systems hitting the market lately I thought I would dip my toe into the water a little to see what the fuss was about. With @Vaptio @Vaptio Official repuation for good quality hardware I decided on this one....

It has a built in 350mAh battery, That is charged using the supplied usb cable, and takes around about 2 hours to fully charge. Also supplied is a 1.0ohm pod which is already fitted (also with a spare pod) The pod is easy enough to fill, and has a little attached plastic “bung” that you remove to fill up your juice. You just simply replace the bung to stop the juice coming out. A simple but effective system.

The pod holds 1.5ml of juice, and juice wise you really aren’t going to want to use anything more then a 50/50 PG/VG ratio juice, or like me, use some nic salts (for the purpose of this review I used some 20mg NS by FAR and an 18mg 50/50 Calavera Catrina by @eldiablo)

Now, with a fixed voltage of around 14-15 watts with the 1.ohm coil, this is most obviously not a cloud chasing device :) if, like me, you have been a user of 3mg and high wattage vaping for the past 3 years be prepared for something amazing to happen.....first of all, flavour....the flavour is quite intense, and not something I was prepared for at all, especially with the 18mg @eldiablo juice, the flavour was absolutely on point, and the tiny coil seemed to handle the more “traditional” juice Better then the NS by FAR.

The second thing to get your head (and throat) around is the throat hit. This is something that I haven’t really experienced for a long long time. Using high powered low nic juices tend to give your throat a delicate “kiss” This in the other hand reminds me a lot more of a traditional cigerette experience with regards to the throat hit. This took a little to get used to for me, but it certainly hits the mark. For such a small device, the nicotine hit was instant, and I found that when I wasn’t able to use my more normal set up, this did the trick for my cravings.

The draw on this isn’t tight , nor is it airy...I would say that it’s more of a loose closed draw opposed to a tight draw that we would normally associate with a cigarette. If you wish, you can hold your finger over the air flow to restrict it, but any tighter then it is at present would have renedered it unusable for me.

I did take it out with me for a full day as I really wanted to give this a proper work out, and as I mentioned, the more traditional @eldiable juice performed much much better then the FAR juice if you wanted to (or had to) ONLY use the pod. I found that the FAR juice went “off” far to quickly, as well as the actual throat hit (I realise that this is completely subjective) but for me, a high Mg nic juice seemed to work better. Even with the relatively small internal battery, I managed to get almost a full work day from this, which should have surprised me, but owing to the fact that I wasn’t reaching for my mod all the time meant that it sufficed.

A more realistic use for this (and this type of system) is as a way of introducing nic into your system quickly and discreetly, either as a back up in your workplace or car, or first thing in the morning with your coffee.

I’ve had this for over 3 weeks now, and not once has it leaked nor let me down. If your in work, it’s discreet enough to if you have to stealth, or anywhere else where perhaps you can’t vape in your more usual style. Oh, and if your on a night out might I suggest an 18mg powwow by @manabush ?

All in all, this is a superb piece of kit, and should put paid to the various egos or pen type starter kits that are available as they are infinitely better, more discreet and they look better.

This gets a near 10/10 for usability and function

Back
Top Bottom