What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review VapeOnly Arcus

zahz

Postman
The VapeOnly Arcus is made by a company called VapeOnly which has won the ‘Enhancement of IF DESIGN AWARD 2016’ for their previous product called the Aura mini. If you are searching for a tiny mouth-to-lung kit to use on the go, the VapeOnly Arcus is definitely something to consider. The VapeOnly Arcus is tiny! Measuring just 104 mm from the base of the battery to the top of the drip tip, and 16.8 mm in diameter, the Arcus is definitely one of, if not the smallest starter kit device I have ever seen.

The Arcus comes packaged in a grey and white box featuring the picture of the device at the front of the box and VapeOnly brand logo at the back.

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Let’s take a look at what’s inside the box……….

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

Inside the box you will come across your Arcus kit which is wrapped up neatly in a plastic, to prevent scratches etc I guess. The kit includes the Arcus 900mAh battery, a 2ml tank, two coil heads, a 1.0 Ω which is pre-installed and 1.5 Ω spare, a USB charging cable, a glass drip tip, a spare stainless steel drip tip, and a bag of colourful o-rings which you can use to customize your device to your liking. You will also find your warranty card and a user manual. The user manual is very informative and is written in proper English with illustrations alongside the text. Just fill up some e-liquid and your good to go.

The design of the Vapeonly Arcus really stands out against other cylindrical ‘pen style’ starter kits out in the market due to modern features such as airflow control, top filling liquid system and last but not least the unique hourglass shaped tank. The glass drip tip also gives it a beautiful finish. I honestly think they have done an excellent job with the design and looks of this device; it has a very classy touch which is no surprise seeing that they have won the design award for their previous product.

Performance of the VapeOnly Arcus

The battery of the Arcus is really tiny, the size of the battery is around the size of an RTA and even with the tank on it’s just slightly taller than an RTA. It definitely took Vapeonly some engineering to cramp up a 900mAh Lipo battery into such a small space. Surprisingly I was able to get through
the day without having to recharge it, but I think if you going to chain vape on this device you should naturally get less vape time of it. However it takes just one hour to recharge and the pass through feature allows you to vape while on charge.

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

This tiny device is a perfect choice for outings or to use on the go. It’s easy to carry around and you could fit in into your shirt pocket. I haven’t experienced any leaking from device whatsoever which is a big pro in my books, last thing anyone wants is to mess their clothes or uniform with e-juice.

The Arcus comes with a 2ml tank which might seem small, but for a tiny low powered mouth-to-lung device it’s definitely sufficient. With the 1 Ohm coil a tank lasted me over a day comfortably. To fill up the tank, you simply pour the e-liquid near the edge of the chimney so it can drop into the tank through the long slits, not in the center, or you’ll flood the coil. The coils don’t screw onto the base as with most tanks. You just remove the bottom of the tank and pull them out. Once you’ve taken the old coil out, just push a new one in, screw the base back on to the tank and you’re done. So simple!

The flavor of the Vapeonly Arcus is decent, but definitely nothing compared to that of an RTA, I think a lot of that has to do with the size of the coil heads and the tiny wicking holes on it. But its definitely better than your other e-cig starter kits .

On my first tank I tried a 60/40 mix and on my second I tried a 70/30 mix, I was expecting to get a dry a hit as I chain vaped it but it seemed to wick efficiently and no dry hits.

With the 1 Ohm coil and airflow open full I was able to get a nice restrictive lung hit and it puts out a decent amount of vapour considering the output power is 7w-17w.

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

Conclusion

The Vapeonly Arcus is a compact easy to use mod which will appeal to those looking to quit cigarettes as it’s simple and easy to use, at the same time offering them the tight cigarette type of draw that they are used to. E-Cig Companies like VUSE and NuvoCig which targeted the beginner market are successful due to making a simple alternative for smokers and the Vapeonly Arcus is a far superior choice to other e-cig sold by tobacco companies. Also to those experienced vapers that are looking for a mouth-to-lung kit to use on the go, this might be a perfect addition.

The kit is available from Heaven Gifts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom