What's new

Review Suorin Drop Pod System

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
I know what you’re thinking “a review, from this guy?” and to be honest I was kind of thinking the same thing, but when Maggie from @Healthcabin contacted me a couple of weeks ago asking if I’d like to review their products. I thought I’d give it a bash (not in that way @SirLugg dirty boy)

So what are you reviewing? - HealthCabin asked if I’d be interested in the Suorin Air and Drop, now, these are about as far away from my prefered vaping style as you can get, these are pod systems, yeah you read that right. The Suorin Air and Drop are both refillable pod systems
(https://www.healthcabin.net/suorin-drop-starter-kit-2ml-310mah-p/16027.html
https://www.healthcabin.net/suorin-air-starter-kit-400mah-red-p/17487.html?

The Pod System - About 18 - 24 months ago, the pod systems started coming to market with the likes of the juul and bo etc as a starter/beginner kit to get smokers switching to vaping, as a somewhat simpler way to switch. The bo for example is a simple “plug and play” device, buy the pre filled pods, put in and vape and repeat where as both the Suorin drop and Air require you to fill your own pods and buy the replacement pods also, so may not be best suited to a completely new vaper, with the extra faff and some slightly hidden expenses, as you’re looking at roughly £3.50 a pod plus whatever liquid you choose

The Drop is the most recent pod system offering from Suorin. It is a small, tear drop shaped device. Coming in at 73mm length 49mm wide and12mm thick (all at the widest points due to its shape) Available in various colour options currently available at HealthCabin are black, yellow, brushed gunmetal, tiffany blue, red, dark blue and green. Priced at $34.99 from HealthCabin and the pods at $3.60 each

In the rather nicely put together white box you get

1x Suorin Drop - 310 mah battery

1x refillable pod,2ml, 1.3 - 1.4ohm according to the website (imo they should include a spare, but do not )
1x usb cable - states it charges in 40 mins
1x rather poorly written user manual
suorin drop.jpg

The one I have, the yellow, wouldn’t of been my choice of colour options, it does feel lovely in the hand, it has that smooth matt like texture and a little weight to it. There is also a pretty vague battery indicator LED that shows in the pod, blue for above 70%, red for under 30% and flashing red to tell you to charge it

The refillable pod has been slightly tweaked from their previous pod the “Air”, coil resistance has increased a little from the advertised 1.2 ohm for the “Air” up to 1.3 - 1.4 ohm for the “Drop”. The battery capacity of 400mah for the “Air” has decreased in the “Drop” coming in at 310mah (because of its shape), but they say the difference is negligible due to the increased resistance of the coils, coil position has also changed with a centralised coil placement on the “Drop” pod, compared to the single side wicking coil in the “Air”. (these are the resistances stated on the product pages but looking at others, some state both are are 1.2, doesnit really make a lot of difference to be fair)

On the “Drop” pod there are two silicone/rubber grommets used for filling this can be a little tricky depending on the bottle type you’re using , needle nose or the unicorn style tips should be fine, I found that the pod can be a little damp when it comes to refilling wouldnt say its a leak maybe atough of both liquid and slight condensation, but it is very minor and not all the tim

I would definitely recommend the Suorin Drop if you’re looking for that stealthy out and about device, a real pocket device, popping to the shops etc (even though vapour production is greater than the bo), paired with nic salts or a higher traditional nic liquid. The Battery life isnt the longest, as you might expect from 310 mah battery , you’re looking at about half or two thirds of a pod from a charge, but it only takes

40 mins to charge completely, Also the draw maybe slightly too airy for those looking for that real tight mtl, personally I think it could do with being a little more restricted on this. The pod longevity is also going to vary based on what liquids you put in it, I’ve been using some diy Dripworx limeade which seems to be doing well, 4 refills in

Cheers for reading

The Suorin Air I mentioned in the review , will be posted up as a giveaway courtesy of Healthcabin , brand new only opened to look at the differences and the pic, so keep an eye out for that.

Massive thanks to @Healthcabin for the Drop for review and the Air for a giveaway

Is it time to set up a Patreon yet? ;)

Cracking review mate [emoji6] I'm gonna have to get me a pod system to try just because I've never tried one [emoji5]

Thanks for the review, I think I prefer the look of the 'air' to the 'drop' ... do they differ much in performance, did you try both out?

Thanks for the review, I think I prefer the look of the 'air' to the 'drop' ... do they differ much in performance, did you try both out?

didnt try both , due to only having the one pod for each and want to give the other away , they look incredibly similar , only the coil position thats different and the small resistance change from what I could find, I've read that the draw maybe a little looser but the on others they've said its the same, the air does have a actual on/off switch as well

the air is small as well, credit card sized but a little thicker

Back
Top Bottom