What's new

Review Kangertech U Boat.

bellyman

Veteran
Bought and paid for with my own money, so this is my opinion, not POTV's.

Years ago, Kangertech was my go to tank with the subtank but we havent heard much from them lately. New releases have been few and far between but they have come back with a new starter kit, the U Boat.

Lets take a look.
Uboat-1.jpg

Uboat-2.jpg

Uboat-3.jpg

So far, so good.
Lets take a look at the specs.
specs.jpg

And to the pod...
Uboat-12.jpg

Filling.
juice filling.png

The unusual USB charger.
usb charging.png

The glossy ads make this MTL device look sleek and interesting and for the price (£11-ish), I thought, why not.
Straight out of the box, is it a U boat or is it a submarine? I think it looks like a submarine but Kangertech thinks its a U boat. I wont argue.

The plastic has a nice tactile feel to it but the suprising thing about the U boat is its weight, or lack of it. I dont have small scales to weigh it, but this is the lightest pod system Ive tried yet. Its probably down to the 550mAh but the device has a 'disposable' feel to it, like I could pick one up in a garage, with a spare pod, vape on it till the pods were dry, then bin it. It would probably work out to be the same price as cigarettes but a whole lot healthier!
As this isnt a disposable device, lets settle on, it feels cheap, because it is!
So what do you expect....?

Pull the seal tab off the pod. Lift out the tiny fill plug, being very careful not to drop it (I did and lost it) but fear not, there are 5 spares in the box. I wonder if Kangertech knew this would happen?
I filled the pod with 20mg nic salts, left it to stand for 5 minutes, popped it back in and gave it a MTL toot. It has a very loose draw. Way too loose for a MTL style but too tight for lung hitting. Im not sure what Kangertech were aiming for, but both camps wont be happy with this airflow. I found the best way to use the U boat was to suck very slowly and gently and then I would get a reasonable MTL hit, but this isnt a natural vape style for me. The taste coming from the pod reminded me of a CE4 with silica and even though Im vaping custard, it tastes like cheap RY4. Im reminded of my first ego setup!

Charging is fast because of its small battery via a custom usb charger but lose it or break it and you'll have to buy another. The usual usb chargers that come with most devices wont fit this one so be careful with the original.

So will I use this much?......... No.
But, If I was on a night out with the lads and there was a good chance I would fall into a canal, then I would take this device.
If I needed a disposable vape, then I would take this device.
If I was wrestling bears, then I would take this device.
If I wanted a good satisfying vape, I would take something else.

You get what you pay for folks....
cheap-cheap-chicken.jpg

Last edited:
Another kangertech product destined to sink without trace.

These reviews are all good and well but they never tell us what we really need to know.
Which is the best device for taking to a fight with.a one armed monkey armed with a knife.
Seems sensible activities are never catered for.

Seriously nice review bellyman. Sad it.wasn't better from kanger. They should have learned long ago from the nebox and subtank revisions that airflow adjustment is a must.

These reviews are all good and well but they never tell us what we really need to know.
Which is the best device for taking to a fight with.a one armed monkey armed with a knife.
Seems sensible activities are never catered for.

Seriously nice review bellyman. Sad it.wasn't better from kanger. They should have learned long ago from the nebox and subtank revisions that airflow adjustment is a must.

I'm wondering is the airflow choices have something to do with the 'auto draw' systems, that they need a certain amount going through to activate them properly.

I'm testing the Joyetech Teros right now and that has auto draw activation and a fixed airflow.

I'm wondering is the airflow choices have something to do with the 'auto draw' systems, that they need a certain amount going through to activate them properly.

I'm testing the Joyetech Teros right now and that has auto draw activation and a fixed airflow.
I'm sure your right. I imagine giving flexibility would lead to poor activation.
Can't imagine they'd leave it out for any other reason.

Back
Top Bottom