What's new

Review Joyetech Teros Pod System, Designed in Switzerland

Simon G

Olympian
This device was sent to me to review by @Healthcabin

..... actually you'll be getting 2 reviews, this one and another follow up review after I've taken this to Foo Fighters this Friday and I have a better idea of how the pods are lasting, because for me any pod systems live or dies on the pods themselves.

Right out of the box I was impressed with this little device but I will say right off the bat, it is not without some issues/restrictions that mean this may not be the best choice for everyone.

box1.jpg

As you can see it's well presented and comes with 2 pods (cartridges) USB cable and the warranty/warnings/quick start info.

The biggest surprise for me was the battery/device itself. It's both smaller than I expected and made of metal with a lovely iridescent looking thick paint/powder coat that feels really nice in the hand. If I was rating this on it's own it would be getting a massive thumbs up from me, there's no buttons to push (it as an auto-draw activation) and just a small led (which is very bright) that gives you an idea of the status of the battery and will light up red when charging and go out when fully charged.

I'm guessing it's slim and compact size is partly down to the Joyetech 'Eco' technology which uses the same constant 1.85v output as the AIO EGO ECO, which I really like. .... what it means essentially is that a much smaller cell can be used to give you a reasonable amount of run time and being small capacity means it will also charge very quickly.

box3.jpg

.....wait, do I have an orange and yellow device? no..... what you see here is temperature the sensitive paint and when you hold it in your hand the heat from your body makes it turn from orange to yellow (and shades in between) which may or may not excite you..... personally I like it but if you don't you can also buy this boring old plain black or silver, as well as temp sensing paint there are also two versions in light sensing paint that will change depending on the amount of sunlight! Here's the full line up, the TC versions are what I have, the PC are 'photochromatic'? something like that anyway, the sunlight ones ... and the less snazzy black and silver, so a lot of choice there and some nice paint finishes.

Teros-Kit-11.jpg

Let talk about the cartridge pods and how this might rub the shine off the excitement for some people. It will depend a lot of your vape style and how you feel about pods generally. Firstly this isn't a tight MTL draw like you would get from a MTL tank and as there is no way to adjust the airflow.... is is what it is. That said I don't have a problem vaping on it myself but there isn't much restriction so if that's important to you, then you may need to look elsewhere. If you are more adaptable or don't mind a fairly loose MTL draw then I think it would be fine.... also the shape of the mouth piece does take a little getting used to also, compared to a slim drip it, it does feel a bit strange at first. Because of both the fairly loose airflow and the shape of the mouthpiece (which is essentially the whole top of the pod) I found myself often taking DTL hits and slipstreaming air from both sides of my mouth, it just felt a natural way to vape on this to me.... you can make of that what you will! :D

box2.jpg

Filling the pods was easy enough, just a little rubber bung type thing that is pretty common on these types of devices and the hole isn't microscopic, there plenty of room to get a 10ml or 30ml bottle nib right in there. I filled mine with 60% VG Spiritwalker which is a bit of a mucky liquid and slightly higher VG than I would normally use but I need to test this properly, I'm not going to give it an easy ride with some clear 50/50 liquid and tell you all it wicks fine. Then you just pop it in the top, it sits in there really solid and there no chance of it falling out or anything like that.

So, how was it with the 60% VG Spiritwalker? ..... maybe surprisingly, it's doing fine. ... I'm 4 days in now and it's been good. No problems with wicking, in fact I've had some problems with the opposite..... a little flooding and gurgling and I've had to 'flick it out' a few times .... I don't know if that's just this pod, there will be a follow up review when I've given both pods a really good testing. I'll get one open too so we can see what's going on inside... so more about that later!

The good news is that pods can be improved and joyetech can even release different types if needed for different VG ratios and different draws maybe too. What they have already is a really solid and nice device. I'd give the device itself a huge thumbs up, the pods will need a little more investigation, what I'd really like to do is test 4 or 5 of them over a couple of months with different liquids but for obvious reasons I can't do that. But I will post an pod update review in a couple of weeks.

The Joyetech Terros can be found here
https://www.healthcabin.net/joyetech-teros-kit-p/18220.html
https://www.healthcabin.net/joyetech-teros-kit-sb-p/18219.html

and the cartridges here, which at $11.99 for 5 seem like a decent price compared to some pods, so I'll be picking some more up for sure.
https://www.healthcabin.net/joyetech-teros-cartridges-p/18241.html

A huge thanks to Maggie @Healthcabin for sending me this to review, I think it's going to be a great little device to take to the Foo Fighters, while traveling and at the gig.

As always, any questions just ask .... and look out for a cartridge update later.

@Healthcabin also sent me a Teros to reiew but I will wait till the end of the week to put it up now youve added your review @Simon G
But I can say, its getting a thumbs up from me as well. Im just waiting to see when this first pod dies before I post my thoughts.

It looks like a knob.
No way would I use that outside.:D

Looks useful-ish. Build quality/ materials appear better than most.
If phallic it’s something in the second order...

It even has a banjo string.
A Picasso style knob then. :D

It was designed in switzerland, what did you expect, but clean modernism? I’m surprised at the symmetry.

It looks nice, with cheap refillable pods I think if I need another device like this at some point it could be a contender.

Back
Top Bottom