What's new

Review Joyetech RunAbout Pod System

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Hello apes. We are back again with a hardware review.

I'm gonna start this review with a bit of a rant which fits in with the device we are taking a look at. We all know how helpful watching a YouTube review when we get a new bit of kit we are a bit unsure about. So why don't those reviewers do a decent review on a starter device. Surely these are the people that would be more likely to need some help or guidance. Doing a quick look at a device that someone maybe thinking about getting to help them quit smoking isn't really gonna give them the help and guidance they may need while thinking about what would suit there needs.

This was sent out for the purpose of this review. So thank you to @Joyetech for the chance to try this out. All the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So let's get started.

Today we are looking at the Joyetech RunAbout. The yacht shaped pod system.

20181014_212520.jpg

First as always we will start with the kit contents.

This comes packaged in a tube with the following.

1 x RunAbout battery.
2 x empty pods.
1 charger cable.
Warranty card.
Instruction leaflet.

The pods are 2ml
480mah battery
Led indicator which is colour changeable.
And it comes in many different designs.

The pods are super easy to refill. Just simply pull the black rubber bung out and put the tip of your bottle in the fill hole and gently squeeze.

20181014_212550.jpg

When filling the pods for the first time. After you have filled them. You need to leave them for 5 minutes to let the juice work it's way to the coil. Failing to do so will effect the coil life inside the pod.

Once you pod is full simply put it in the top of the mod and push down till it clicks. The pod will fit in either way so there is no wrong way of putting it in. It clicks on to the battery with a satisfying click, so there is no way it can fall off while out and about or whist in your pocket or bag.

Once you pod is empty, just take it out and refill.

These are sealed pods. Which means once the coil fails or starts to taste bad, you simply dispose of the pod and use a new one. I have been using the first pod for 8 days and it is still going strong.

The flavour from the pods has been pretty good with the juices I have used (fruit flavours)

You are best advised to use 50vg/50pg liquids as this pod will struggle to wick higher vg liquids. I have been using my RunAbout with 40vg/60pg 25mg home made nic salts and it has performed excellent. So good in fact that it has demoted my VIM that I had been using for my nic salt fix, to my shelf of shame.

When I first read the info sheet for this device. I was slightly worried about the 480mah battery. But fear not. Battery life is excellent on the RunAbout due to the 1.60ohm coils inside the pods. I am getting a full day on a charge. I'm sure it will last longer but I put it on charge every night so I know it's ready to rock in the mornings.

It has a nice feel in the hand and very comfortable to hold and press the fire button.

Should you wish to change the colour of the led. Just simply click the fire button 3 times in quick succession and it will light up. Then press the fire button till you find the colour you want. Then hold down the fire button till the led goes out and that's it changed.

5 clicks of the fire button in quick succession will turn the device off. And 5 clicks will turn it back on again.

So my final thoughts on the Joyetech RunAbout.

This is a fantastic bit of kit. I have and still am enjoying using it. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is looking to start vaping or to anyone who wants a stealth pod system for a quick nic fix.

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself.

Currently priced at $26.09-$31.05

https://www.joyetech.com/online/joyetech-runabout-kit.html

20181014_212626.jpg

Just a quick update for the pod system. The first pod has started to gurgle and the flavour has dropped. I've vaped around 4ml per day and it has lasted around 3 weeks. I was thinking to get a week to 10 days out of a pod. Will see how long the second one lasts.

Hmm. I won one of these in their giveaway earlier. They’ve not replied to my pm but if they do send it I’m looking forward to it after reading this. Cheers for the review.

Hmm. I won one of these in their giveaway earlier. They’ve not replied to my pm but if they do send it I’m looking forward to it after reading this. Cheers for the review.

I love mine. I was sceptical about battery life but with the 1.5 ohm coil It seems good.

Back
Top Bottom