What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Website crawling

DDOS it's basically where loads of people in there mothers basements send traffic to a site, therefore crashing the site resulting in a Distributed denial of service I believe

They claim to be 'hackers', hardly hacking just a minor inconvenience tbh.

Only takes 1 person to DDOS... 1 stupid chidish brat :angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

Just had a look at the source code and the only calls to cloudflare is for users browsing the forum with IE9. Are you able to get Chrome or Firefox installed on the work PC and see if it makes any difference?

Weird as I use chrome on my phone and work PC!

No problem! Not sure if it's relevant but there was news yesterday to do with hacking group Anonymous and Cloudfare. Could be related...

No problem! Not sure if it's relevant but there was news yesterday to do with hacking group Anonymous and Cloudfare. Could be related...

Still running like a dog in work sadly, takes about 30 seconds to load each page.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 31
Trying the site in work on IE9, and it's running fine, same proxy, same DNS, no loading problems at all. Try the forum with Chrome V.31 and the site is barely useable.

Thats an issue with Chrome then, Had something similar a while with Firefox, rolled back a version and it went away, waited for the next update and jumped to that - everything went fine...

Back
Top Bottom