What's new

Website crawling

tachikoma

Postman
Over the last 2 days the forum seems to be running like a dog, while waiting for CDNJS.CloudFlare.Com to load.

Just found some news saying Anonymous are annoyed with CloudFlare for apparently protecting ISIS websites, I'm assuming CloudFlare are being DDOS'd or something which is affecting this site as well?

CloudFlare loads instantaneously for me, doubt its a DDOS attack.

^^^^ this makes no sense whatsoever to me :D
DDOS it's basically where loads of people in there mothers basements send traffic to a site, therefore crashing the site resulting in a Distributed denial of service I believe

They claim to be 'hackers', hardly hacking just a minor inconvenience tbh.

In the interest of science (honest boss, don't fire me!), I have spent all day testing various websites, and it's only POTV that seems to have this slow cloudflare problem, the forum is barely usable on my work PC or my phone.

Quick solution. Edit your hosts file (google how to do it) and set that domain to gave an ip of 127.0.0.1 and that will fix it. @OccultScientist - any idea what this one is? Not home so can't check.

Quick solution. Edit your hosts file (google how to do it) and set that domain to gave an ip of 127.0.0.1 and that will fix it. @OccultScientist - any idea what this one is? Not home so can't check.

Cheers fella, will try it and report back, won't be able to do it on my work machine though sadly, which is where I use the forum most lol

Just had a look at the source code and the only calls to cloudflare is for users browsing the forum with IE9. Are you able to get Chrome or Firefox installed on the work PC and see if it makes any difference?

Just had a look at the source code and the only calls to cloudflare is for users browsing the forum with IE9. Are you able to get Chrome or Firefox installed on the work PC and see if it makes any difference?
^^^^ still makes no sense :D

I thought little elves worked magic in my laptop

Back
Top Bottom