What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Got a cough while vaping

beefy123

Postman
When I smoked and got a cold it was always a running joke that my lungs were so full of shite that I couldn't get a cough but now I'm vaping it's gone straight to my chest, so I was curious is this because all the tar is loosening up and opening up my lungs to attack from virus or is it just the way it is, what's people experiences, btw my wife and daughter have been almost bed bound with this and now there saying it's the return of swine flu on the news so I better get duveted up for the long haul lol!!!!

how long Have you been vaping ??, If you have just started it will be your lungs clearing the crap from your chest

I'm only 7 or 8 weeks in so probably lungs trying to clear shite plus this swine flu pneumonic disease I've been inflicted with isn't helping

Are you keeping yourself well hydrated? Vaping will dry you out like nothing

Friday night I neglected this & vaped a load then woke up Saturday morning feeling like I'd got a hangover

I'm only 7 or 8 weeks in so probably lungs trying to clear shite plus this swine flu pneumonic disease I've been inflicted with isn't helping

eat plenty of pineapple and drink plenty of pure pineapple juice to help clear your disease ;)

I also got cough when I started vaping but it was when I moved to sub-ohming at higher nicotine levels. if you have started sub ohming at high nicotine strength it will be better to reduce the nicotine level.
It is also good to check the PG in your e-liquids as some people may have PG allergy so unknowing they are using high PG eliquids. So just simply change eliquids with less PG contents may also help.

This happened to me when I started - I also go pains in the chest like a chest infection, but it kept going away and coming back.

I tried some 70% VG liquid and within a day the symptoms went away completely. To test the theory, I bought 10ml of 60% PG 2 months later - within an hour I was coughing again as I vaped. That was enough proof for me so I went straight back to 60-70% VG juice and it stopped again.

I have not vaped anything higher than 40% PG and have never had any symptoms again.

Switch to max VG liquid. I found Liquids with PG very irritating. If that doesn't help then possibly see a doctor.

Back
Top Bottom