What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

Well, despite rating it first for the ease of build and wicking, and joint first for airflow he still rates the RDTA only 4th overall. Surprising just how important top fill is to some people, huh?
"You need the top fill, you really do!"

I watched this about an hour ago and i am using the Crius right now, it is good but the Aromamizer is a dripper with a tank whilst the Crius is a tank with a re-buildable atomiser.

I'm curious whether the top of the Aromamizer tank could be switched out for a top fill. I mean if Steam Crave wanted surely they could create some sort of top cap with that function, everything else is easy to change out.

But the Aromamizer is 6ml if you want it to be...FFS...6ml, I don't mind bottom filling it because it let's you check in on your build periodically!

I watched this about an hour ago and i am using the Crius right now, it is good but the Aromamizer is a dripper with a tank whilst the Crius is a tank with a re-buildable atomiser.

I'm curious whether the top of the Aromamizer tank could be switched out for a top fill. I mean if Steam Crave wanted surely they could create some sort of top cap with that function, everything else is easy to change out.

But the Aromamizer is 6ml if you want it to be...FFS...6ml, I don't mind bottom filling it because it let's you check in on your build periodically!
That's a good comparison ... I'd like to try the Crius and MX tanks but I just keep getting more RDTAs! :) Don't think any of the competition have the same kind of build flexibility.

The word from BJ is that Steam Crave will not produce a v2 until late Summer 2016, probably September. They know how long the development cycle takes having taken 3 months to make the 2-post available once customers started to demand it. Like you, many Cravers want developments to be modular options; a top fill cap which is also flat to take the user's own drip tip could be just that rather than wait for a fully redeveloped v2.

Ordered one of these last night can't wait to see if the hype is true ;)

Hang on you make dripworx juices and you don't own an Aromamizer???... whatever happened to quality control...sheesh!
[emoji12]
I know, right! I figured its the closest to a RDA so might as well have bash at it!

That's a good comparison ... I'd like to try the Crius and MX tanks but I just keep getting more RDTAs! :) Don't think any of the competition have the same kind of build flexibility.

The word from BJ is that Steam Crave will not produce a v2 until late Summer 2016, probably September. They know how long the development cycle takes having taken 3 months to make the 2-post available once customers started to demand it. Like you, many Cravers want developments to be modular options; a top fill cap which is also flat to take the user's own drip tip could be just that rather than wait for a fully redeveloped v2.
Apart from the fact the Aromamizers hype has completely lived up to its name, Steam Crave have absolutely nailed it with the modular design... not only is it very attractive to the consumer for repairs and upgrades but it gives buyers continued development till the next version is available. It's good for Steam Crave also because they get a steady stream of capital and a loyal user base (coined phrase "Cravers"...love it!). Also the hype will build automatically for v2...winner!

You say v2 won't be out till probably September next year...I think a timeline of 12 months is a completely viable timeline.

@scrumpox, the Crius is well worth the buy and it ain't expensive compared to some!

You're trying to convert me into a top fill addict?

Do they do a black glass for the black one? That would just about seal the deal for me ... ;) I do love a black atty.
Unfortunately...no black glass, not at this time anyway, although it would look sweet as.

I try not to be a fan boy of anything as well as try and take all things at face value.

Because to me, the Aromamizer and Crius are two totally different things that try and achieve the same thing, I love the idea of experiencing both.

I have 3 Aromamizers with various parts and soon to have 2 Crius, I enjoy them all. Put a damn fine juice in them and the experience is still different enough to justify having them all!

So yeah, top fill is part of the experience and ease of use of the Crius! If you enjoy the Aromamizer... You will enjoy the Crius... I do![emoji6]

FFS.. I just sold my Crius.. After reading some of these comments starting to feel like a bit of a muppet

Back
Top Bottom