What's new

Am I doing something wrong?

The Scottish roll or iteo style wicking will help things with dripping. Hold tonnes of juice but again it depends on your wattage levels. I'm using a series unregulated device pushing above 140 watts on a 0.4 ohm build an have to drip every 5 draws cos it annihilates the juice.

I'd rewick it again and don't let it to dry to much as dry hits not just unpleasant but they ruin you wicking too.

Very good advice! No need to be sarcastic pal

My post was made in good faith :) (if I was being sarcastic, I'd have used an ;))

You'll need to keep your wicks juiced, especially at 0.34Ω. When you choose to drip will depend on a lot of factors, wattage used, juice ratios, the size of your juice well, wicking material etc.

If you're consistently getting dry hits at a certain point, ideally drip before you get to it.

Also, I'm not familiar with that RDA, can you tell us what it is?

i'm new to vaping and drippers as well, my dripper is an Igo-L which is tiny and is only designed for one coil (a real fiddly bugger to build on as well) at present i have a 1.09ohm 26g kanthal build in it which i'm running at between 11 and 15watts (Istick 40w TC powering it), i've also tried it up to 25watts, any higher and this dripper is likely to get too hot way too fast

the difference in frequency at which i have to redrip from 11 to 20w is very surprising (shouldn't be really), at 20w or above i get maybe 4 draws on it before risking running dry, bring it back down to 11w and i probably get 9 or 10 although i do notice the vapour/flavour dropping as the juice is reduced to only what is still in the wick, when i first started on it i got a few dry hits and scorched my cotton but that was a good excuse to either rewick or start from scratch and build a new coil

drippers are a pain if you find redripping a task, i'm not of that mind at present as it's my only "rebuildable" that i can build my own coils on and i like toys/fiddling with things, this little kit is helping educate me, hopefully my goblin mini will arrive soon and i'll have two rebuildable toys then

stick with it and don't take any internet comments to heart (it's real easy to read something NOT the way it was intended)

you don't say how long you've been vaping in this thread, or how much knowledge you have of vaping equipment or even what equipment you are using, you may find that with a bit more information given by you that folks could suggest a better build or even a better dripper to suit your mod or dripping requirements, my little istick would be needing to recharge several times a day if i were to try drawing 30-40 watts out of it to suit a power build

a useful tool if you haven't already been linked up to it
http://www.steam-engine.org/modrange.asp

Back
Top Bottom