What's new

Rose V2 alternative wicking

olioli

Postman
With 4 holes and only one coil I thought I'd give a shot at the following:

- 2.5mm diameter coil between 2 opposite holes
- wick #1 through the holes and inside the coil
- wick #2 between the lateral holes and over the coil

In short you have the 2 wicks form an X, with one wick going through the coil and one over it. The building time is much reduced, with the 2.5mm coil the wick thickness is spot on....dead easy!

I wicks superbly without dry hits or flooding, the flavour is superb! I though the traditional method was tedious and quite often resulted in excess cotton obstructing the holes.

Vape Club
Sounds very interesting. I think the rose is a fantastic Atty but it is a pain to build. Any chance of some pics to demonstrate your method. Cheers Pete.

Apologies for the crap pics @pete1w, my tablet cam is struggling to pick up light. I hope it demonstrates the X pattern wick.

Wick #1 threaded and fluffed up
NoXv0oG.jpg

wick #2 positioned
0tYPaaO.jpg

Wicks trimmed
HS7UFsE.jpg

Vape Green
That's a very similar concept to kanger 'flavour wick' that used to adorn their dual coil heads. Very interesting.

I always found strange to feed a single wick though 4 holes, I think this method brings lots of flavour and reduces the chances of dry hits.

Still no leaks or issues to report.

I think the cup could take a vertical coil wrapped with 2 wicks, may have to try this too.

Premier Ecigs
Cheers matey I'm gonna definitely try that. I'll let you know how I get on.

finally got round to trying this and im really glad i did. its fantastic. thanks for the advice. cheers pete

AcmeFog
The only thing I don't enjoy about my Rose is wicking it. I often find it rather fiddly due to my large hands which means I don't use it as often. This wicking method is great, works well and saves me a lot of hassle. Many thanks. :)

Cheers, glad it work for you chaps.

Wicking the Rose was definitely not my favourite thing about this atty, now it makes me want to
use it more and maybe get a stumpy model.

We need to come up with a snazzy name for the new method!

E-liquids.com
Back
Top Bottom