What's new

help mech mod first time what am i doing wrong

bazrazmataz

Initiate
Hi

I recently purchased a Wotofo Phantom , along with the sapor rda. Ive just finished my build and this is the first time i have used a mech mod , my build is around .5 ohms and chugs away on my IPV4s so i know thats not were the issue lies.

Ive popped in a fully charged sony Battery that ive checked on a multimeter positive side to atty , however im getting the most pathetic vape its like a fart in the wind , very little vapor and not much flavor. Ive fiddled around to ensure all the connections are touching nicely and tried the hybrid and normal connection both are the same.

Is there something im missing here ?

thanks

On a mech, a 0.5Ω build would equate to around 35w with a battery fully charged to 4.2v. What sort of wattage do you usually vape at on your IPV4?

I'm no expert, but anecdotal evidence would suggest that you'd be safer leaving the hybrid connection alone, if this is your first go with a mech.

I normally build around the .3ohm mark something like 2 x 7wraps around a 2.5 bit in .5mm kanthal that works nice for me. Plenty of flavour and clouds. I also have a phantom and I love it.

Nothing you're missing. Even with the hybrid adapter you'll still have some voltage drop and battery sag on an unregulated device. Vaping higher wattage on a regulated device will have spoiled you, you have to build much lower to take advantage of a mech in order to make an equivalent high wattage vape. This is why it's advanced stuff, as you have to build quite low to get clouds on a mech but to do so requires a really good understanding of ohms law and amperage limits of your set up in order to get the most from your battery as that's what's doing all the work. I'm happy on a regulated device dripping on a 0.6 ohm coil at 50 watts but on a mech to get similar vapour production I'm building a 0.24 ohm on an LG he4 battery.

Is it that simple I need to build lower ? I mean when I test it the coils don't even heat up for at least five second then there is some minor production. Really .2 ohms difference would have that effect ?

In response to the other question I usually vape the ipv between 70 watts to 110

Back
Top Bottom