What's new

Can The Doc Help Me With My Corpse-Like Taste Sensation?

Big Kev

Achiever
I've been vaping since January 2014, going from Green Smoke cig-a-likes to my current set up of nearly 30 atties/drippers (from sub ohms to authentic Ubertoot, Hurricane and Rose V2), mechs and 10 box mods, including my Realeaux.

For about a year or so, I must have tried a couple of hundred different juices and truthfully, 98% of them were very muted to me, so I upped my game to some good RTA's and the three authentic's that I mentioned above do pull more flavour from juices to me, as well as a few others, but it's very rare for me to get a lot of flavour from a juice, unless it's got anise in there, or if I mix Red Astaire at 30%+.

I'm sitting here looking at a good 75 juices that I've purchased over the last couple of months, thinking that I might just be wasting my time?

I love the sound and sometimes the smell from desert/custard juices, but even if I mix them at 50%, I get some flavour, but not enough to make me go WOW, that's gorgeous, just like eating a bowl of cereal or shovelling some vanilla custard down my neck. The chances of me picking out different flavours in juices is virtually zero.

Anyway, enough beau locks, I'm no medical expert, but would a visit to the docs be worth a shot? Has anyone sought medical help with a permanent vapours tongue?

This is something I've touched on a couple of times in previous posts. I think this is the reason why some people think the Subtank has incredible flavour and is better than a K4 - they have working taste buds while yours and mine have been destroyed and we need the likes of the Ubertoot to get any flavour.

I've now settled for what I have - a few DIY mixes which suit me, but mostly I get pleasure from the actual vaping sensation of a sub-ohm tank.

But there's always hope. You could have a long term sinus problem you're not aware of, so it's worth going to your doctor and getting checked out.

I do enjoy the vaping sensation of a sub ohm tank as well, but it's just so annoying, that I'm getting as much out of a juice, as I would vaping pure VG.

I don't think that watching so many reviews, where they pick out all of these delicate flavours in the inhale, exhale and aftertaste, so I'm taken in, fork out my dosh to get bugger all.

I was toying with the idea of steeping a few Trinidad Scorpion chilli's in some VG for a month and vaping that.

I'll have to visit the doc really, as there could be a problem with my sinus', or something else.

I remember reading that your nose plays a big part in how things taste. Is your sense of smell at 100%?

My sense of smell isn't 100% either, but I didn't think it was bad enough to ruin my taste buds, but you never know I suppose.

I've already got some mate, as I said earlier, I can get Anise, but not a lot else. Also, XXXX Boiler Watter I can taste.

I've been vaping for about two months less than you @Big Kev and was pretty similar - I could taste juices on my first vape of the day, then virtually nothing for the rest of the day. Once I moved to rebuildable gear I started to taste a bit more and it has improved dramatically over the last 10 months - but I can't pick out the complexities that my wife can.

Can you taste food okay? Might be worth a chat with a dentist/doctor.

I have dull taste buds too. Would be interested to see what a doctor says! Think mine's linked to my limited sense of smell.

My taste buds are fucked. Ask @manabush what I come out with when he gives me a new flavour to try.

I have found airier vapes on the whole give me less flavour, my go to tanks are KFL & Heron so a relatively tight draw.

EU juices seem to taste better to me on the whole than US, although as always there are exceptions.

My method now is to find juices I like and then base my flavour profiles around them. I tend to be able to taste those juices more and for longer than new flavours. It can get a bit boring, but it does seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom