What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Playing with TC

timmeh

Postman
So I'm playing with my Snow Wolf in TC mode using a massive Kanger tank with pre-made Ni200 coils. I have my iJust2 at hand with the same juice (Darkstar apple pie and custard 20/80 pg/vg). The iJust2 never fails to deliver on taste. I started off at 190deg C and upped it to 260 and now I can taste the flavour of the juice.

Newbie question: should I wait until it heats up to temp before I take a hit as it does seem to take a while getting there, by which point I've already used half my lung capacity! I ask because with the iJust2, I start to inhale before I hit the fire button, otherwise it canes my throat.

Also, what temps do you lot tend to vape at? I know it's subjective but I'm curious to see where your sweet spots are.

If it's taking a long time to heat up then you need to increase the wattage, once it hit's temperature it will throttle back automatically so don't be afraid to push it up to 50w or higher. As for temp, I tend to run at about 400 - 420 on the DNA200's but that will vary according to device and atomiser, stock coils sometimes have poor wicking - poking the wick with a pin may help - Poor wicking usually gives a cold weak vape, to check if wicking is the problem cover the airholes and give a couple of good "Primer pulls" to get the wick completely saturated, then take a vape. If you get a couple of good warm pulls then wicking is the issue...

^^^^As above. Kanger coils are notorious for poor wicking, and your 80vg juice will not be helping matters. Poking them with a needle will help, but using a lower VG juice is advised. I know its only natural to up the temp if the vape is weak, but be cautious. 260c is quite high. You can still burn your coils out if the wicking is poor and the cotton is dry.

Poking the holes and upping the wattage seems to have done the job. Vaping at 51 watts at a temp of 190C. Darkstar's apple pie and custard is great. More of the apple than the custard but at least I'm getting flavour and vapour now. I can't really go lower than 70% vg as I find that higher pg gives me a bit of a wheeze. I've also found that a dripping atomiser spanners my lungs, too.

Back
Top Bottom