What's new

Still confused :(

Oh!!! I guess I should check the dates of the stuff I read! I had no idea the whole technology had changed so much in such a short time.... Also the problem is there is just tooooooo much info about this topic... Kinda hard to understand why although maybe I will once I finally buy something...

So I will go with the kanger subox and a samsung 25r battery.

Just wondering, what would you say is the "basic" information that someone should know before starting to vape? I am wondering what I might have missed. I guess I know how to fill it, how to press the button, and how to suck the end with a hole in it. Is there anything more than that?

if you have just given up the cigs then you would be used to mouth to lung draws just like smoking.
sub ohming is direct lung hits and this will take a little while to get used too.
the most important thing is in a subtank its recommended to use 3mg nicotine and a max of 6mg while a mout to lung tank can take the max 18mg or even 24mg without killing your throat.

so we now know what kit you are getting. can you tell us when you gave up the cigs and how many did you smoke a day.
also what sort of flavors are you thinking of trying then apes can point you in the right direction.

Ok thanks, so basically 3x less nicotine for subohm. I've been smoking different amounts so its hard to say, I think I will go to a vape shop for the liquid anyway, just wanted to get the kit first.

Actually I do have one last question.... What is the difference between the subox nano and subox mini? They are both £40 on amazon, is one better than the other? Also if anyone knows anywhere (not from China) that sells it cheaper please feel free to let me know, this was the cheapest price I found.

Well i know the nano tank is smaller at least i just recently bought subtank mini v1 off amazon and i didnt quite like the stock coil on it, so i ordered 5 spare 0.5 ohm coils which work ok. I am quite new to "sub ohming" myself also.. but i bought uwell crown tank recently with 0.5 ohm coils, which is proably one of the best tanks out there at the moment for simple sub ohming if not caring about rebuildables.

I'm not experienced by any stretch of the imagination and I still share your concern about safety, primarily because I'm not very adept and rearranging equations, or numbers in general. I have just moved on to a variable wattage/temp control mod but I still use my trusty iJust2, which you can get in the UK for £40 and it's good to go straight out of the box. It comes with a built in battery and a USB cable and it's safe to use whilst charging. It also comes with a decent 5ml capacity tank which takes 0.3ohm and 0.5ohm coils. You only have one button to press and that's the fire button. So in effect, it looks like an unregulated mod but it is actually regulated. I think it's a great piece of kit.

For concerns about safety download a ohms calculator. I use one called cressall, for example you enter any 2 figures (coil ohm, wattage, voltage, Amps) and it auto fills the other 2. Therefore say you have a 1 ohm coil you wanna run at 50watts you enter the x2 amounts and it provides you info on what you don't know. Give it a go[emoji1]

For concerns about safety download a ohms calculator. I use one called cressall, for example you enter any 2 figures (coil ohm, wattage, voltage, Amps) and it auto fills the other 2. Therefore say you have a 1 ohm coil you wanna run at 50watts you enter the x2 amounts and it provides you info on what you don't know. Give it a go[emoji1]

I've just popped that on my phone. It's super-simple! I find Steam Engine to be too confusing.

@Noz

About 6 months ago I was in a similar position to you. I'd decided to give the whole vaping thing a go but the more I read about it the more confused I became.

Initially I thought I'd just spend £20 / 30 quid and get one of those Vype, vivid or whatever things you see in shops petrol stations etc. I like to read around subjects (I'm a bit anal like that) and the more I researched I realised I'd be wasting my money on a cheap e-cig or vape pen and likely the experience would put me off.

I ended up opting for a Kanger EMOW mega kit and bought a selection of 3 tobacco flavoured juices at 12mg. The tobacco flavours were horrible and coming off B&H Gold tasted nothing like tobacco and did not deliver the hit of normal fags. I persevered and tried other juices, settling on a 24mg strawberry which I now find too strong, lol.

Being a smoker the whole direct lung thing just doesn't feel natural and really takes time to get used to. I still so some mouth to lung vaping but now I prefer direct lung.

The Kanger EMOW was a great starting point for me and I've now just purchased a Sigelei 75w with their elite tank.

It sounds like you've given it lots of thought like I did, good luck

Back
Top Bottom