What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

Looks pretty clean and neat to me. As Mr Numpty said, a lot of metal to heat up, will reduce the ramp up with fewer wraps. What's the final wick look like?

Is that how far above your posts your wick rests or did you trim it before wetting it?

Ye that's usually how much I have been leaving on top.. Haven't wet it yet..

Have been patiently sitting here waiting for some responses before I go ahead

Looks pretty clean and neat to me. As Mr Numpty said, a lot of metal to heat up, will reduce the ramp up with fewer wraps. What's the final wick look like?

Haven't wet the wick yet as I was waiting for some comments before I go ahead.. Will put pics up of the final wick..

I now realise why it does take a while to get the coils glowing when test firing and quite a bit of tweaking before I get them firing from the inside out.. Too many wraps

Haven't wet the wick yet as I was waiting for some comments before I go ahead..
If you look at your pic and take away the top and bottom wraps, that's where the coil should be sitting, if that makes sense. Trim your wicks level with the top of the posts and have them just touching the deck et voila!

I trim the top tail of the wick off level with the top of the posts and pull them down1-2mm so they're flush with the top coil of the atty. IME the top tails do nothing except block the airflow.
You've got great fluff action beneath the coils, that's the ticket!!! :)

Absolutely, or the TC version of that at least. Start way down at 320F with niffy and about 350 with titanium. Depends on the atty and other factors how quickly things ramp up from there for me.

Yeah @scrumpox I'm pretty old school with my practices loI generally ramp up the power slowly after a rebuild, both to allow the wicking to settle in and also to dial in the flavour and vapour production. I really am starting to feel that a hexohm experience would be my ideal set up where I use an arbitrary dial to ramp up the power... I rarely care about what the numbers are in terms of wattage.

Back
Top Bottom