What's new

Draft Ecig Proposal Bans All UK Advertising

Yep, it'll be a while yet before we know what effects the TPD is going to have here in the UK.
Depends on what each government decides to implement, when and how.
Presumably, given their separate legal frameworks; England and Scotland might decide on different approaches to any implementation, Wales also maybe.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ft-ecig-proposal-bans-all-uk-advertising.html

If this is just for advertising then going to be interesting to see the rest of the UK legislation when it comes out. Spoke to a few vendors the last week or two who have said no way we will see the legislation before the new year, could be Feb before we see what laws will be implemented.

My view is it's not just a ban on advertising, it's a complete ban on video's, reviews, forums, blogs. Anything and everything, information society services means the information superhighway (the Internet). In my opinion it actually goes beyond article 20, this from our so called vape friendly Government. It's a gagging order, straight out of the matrix "Tell me Mr Anderson, what good is a phone call, if you're unable to speak?".

I f you cant advertise goods then you'll find it neigh on impossible to sell anything.

I will wait to see the full draconian measures the UK Government comes out with along with any heavy taxing they care to implement before I make a final decision on where I will be on vaping in the future.One thing is for sure I will not pay extortionately priced, heavily taxed e liquids,once my several years supply is extinguished I will give up vaping and the government will not get one penny in taxes from me for SMOKING or VAPING.

I'm sorry but it does seem to me the UK GOV and the EU TPD want us all to desist vaping and go back to SMOKING CIGARETTES....Shame on them.

The only information or advertising permitted is in trade magazines. The TPD made that law in al EU and EEFTA countries and al European governments have to make that national law. There is no choice unless the TW legal challenge succeeds and that is unlikely. TW asked for people to sign so they could show that a large number of people thought Art 20 was wring, but only 71,000 bothered, not even enough for a debate in the UK parliament. I'm not fond of TW, never bought from them, but they are the only people spending money to try and save vaping.
The TPD must be a part of UK law by 20th May and there is hardly any wiggle-room for a country that doesn't want to impose it.
No adverts, no blogs, no reviews, no forums, no vapemeets, no giving people facts about vaping (though you might be able to say it's worse than smoking).
Then the MHRA is in charge of ensuring everything complies.
That's just the start.

Civil disobedience beckons ... hooray!! :) Seems like a good enough reason to have a vape meet on 21 May 2016.

Back
Top Bottom