What's new

Flavours are not coming through

mrsawyeruk

Hi guys,

I did my first batch of 100ml 2 days ago and did a little taste on my dripper but the flavours are very weak, can barely feel them. :(

I used Green Apple (8%) and Bubblegum (12%) with 80/20 (VG/PG).

I've left it inside of a dark cupboard and today I tried to leave it open for a while to get some contact with air.

Any idea on why the flavours might not coming through?

Thank you

Hi guys,

I did my first batch of 100ml 2 days ago and did a little taste on my dripper but the flavours are very weak, can barely feel them. :(

I used Green Apple (8%) and Bubblegum (12%) with 80/20 (VG/PG).

I've left it inside of a dark cupboard and today I tried to leave it open for a while to get some contact with air.

Any idea on why the flavours might not coming through?

Thank you
Would try a 60/40 vg/pg mix.

pg is a better flavour carrier so up your pg if you can that should help

2 days isn't giving it long, give it another week and try it again. I find higher vg does take longer to mix, with that said I made the mistake of adding more flavour to get results quicker but then when the flavour did come it was to much.imo (I'm not a expert by any means) guess we want things NOW but great things come to those who wait. But as others have said more pg will carry flavour better/quicker. It's just a waiting game.

the high vg will mute the flavours. the concentrate is likely pg based and that is why you get easier flavour maturation in higher pg mixes

I wouldn't really let the air to a juice unless your certain it needs it, as if its unnecessary your chance to be losing flavour.

Just leave them in cupboard for at least a week or two somewhere inbetween and that will give you a good idea of how a juice will turn out, as I have rarely known a juice change dramatically after that time.

If you want to let air to the juice I usually find leaving the juice in a cupboard and going back to it morning or night or both and squeezing the air out and letting new air in, a good shake and put it back away again.

thanks a lot for the tips guys! I will leave it to steep a lot longer now as at the moment there is no point in using it, hopefully will come through :p

I read as well that diluting the VG base with de-ionised water helps the flavour to mix a lot, anyone tried that?

Just because Im afraid to use PG base to make it like 60/40 or 50/50 and end up getting to much throat it or harsh experience.

Back
Top Bottom