What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Battery info before using

gstar

Postman
Hi all.

Another newbie question.

Purchased some batteries from ecoluxshop. Got advised they were trusted sellers for buying batteries.

I bought "SAMSUNG INR/IMR 18650 30Q 3000mAh 3.7v 15/30A".

I've also bought an efest luc 2 charger and batteries are currently charging.

Now just to check can.I use these in my segelei 75w tc. Is there anything I should be cautious about when using them. For example if I use a sub ohm tank or rda.

Might feel like a silly question. But better to check.

Final question. Where can I read more about vaping safety. For example battery safety.

Thanks for all your help

Those are decent cells and should handle anything the mod can dish out. If the mod or battery gets too warm to comfortably hold then stop vaping, unscrew the atty and/or pop out the battery and let it cool down but on the whole using it on a regulated device such as a sigelei it should keep you reasonably safe.

@Beastie thanks. I keep reading about battery safety but don't quite understand it. Makes me a bit anxious.

Just to check. .These are unprotected batteries. Is that okay?

Cheers

Yes unprotected batteries are needed for higher powered devices as the pcb protective circuitry in most protected cells wouldn't allow for the amp draws we use. The safety features on the sigelei should protect you, they're pretty advanced chipset and do a fair amount of battery monitoring and will prompt you if there is a problem. A healthy dose of caution is a good thing just make sure you understand what the warning signs of a battery failure are and stick to regulated devices and use them within their specifications if you're worried. The art of vaping channel on YouTube has a decent battery safety intro video,check it out.

Do not use the battery mixed with other different make, type, or model batteries. that's my experience.

i just vaping for a short time,my friends suggested that keep batteries in case individually , do not connect + and - of batteries easily ,otherwise boom !!!:bliss:

Yes unprotected batteries are needed for higher powered devices as the pcb protective circuitry in most protected cells wouldn't allow for the amp draws we use. The safety features on the sigelei should protect you, they're pretty advanced chipset and do a fair amount of battery monitoring and will prompt you if there is a problem. A healthy dose of caution is a good thing just make sure you understand what the warning signs of a battery failure are and stick to regulated devices and use them within their specifications if you're worried. The art of vaping channel on YouTube has a decent battery safety intro video,check it out.
Quick question also. I ordered unprotected Samsung 26F and never used them as I ordered them by mistake. Can I use them on the sigelei 150w TC at 35W?

Back
Top Bottom