What's new

Aromamizer ... muted flavour?

Clownstyle

Achiever
Hey all,

In a bit of a strange predicament. I'm pretty sure the first build on my Aromamizer was amazing. 3mm spaced vertical clapton coils. Flavour was excellent.

Got a zamplebox delivery last night, great - some new flavours to try! Tried them in the Velocity RDA with single vertical clapton.. Wow, amazing flavour I can actually pick out each part of the juice when using Electric Daisey by Boardwalk. Sweet strawberry, cream, brown sugar and an almost biscuit like base.

Loaded some up in my Aromamizer and I was left with a frown.. Just a very muted flavour which tasted a bit like strawberries :(

Tried lots so far, 3mm vertical claptons, 2.5mm vertical claptons, 26g verticals spaces, 26g horizontal, 2 holes open, directing the airflow to the coils, directing 4 airflows across the coils... more cotton, less cotton, just touching the deck, fluffing the cotton with kanthal.. Nothing seems to be working!

Got some 24g wire here from @stealthvape so I'm gonna try my luck with that, never used that gauge before.

Where could I be going wrong?

Am I expecting too much compared to the velocity? At this moment in time my Mrs nautilus is tasting better than my Aromamizer.. Crazy?!

panda1-1038x576.jpg

With the aromamizer rdta I've found that you really need to have the coil sitting as high as possible so that airflow comes under it or the flavour drops off.

With the aromamizer rdta I've found that you really need to have the coil sitting as high as possible so that airflow comes under it or the flavour drops off.

I'll upload a pic later (I'm working at the mo... kinda) but my coils are basically at the top of the velocity deck. 6 wraps of 32g over 26g clapton wire. Stumped!

Different atties produce different flavours ... drippers and tanks make flavours change. We all know the difference that changing a build in a rebuildable can make, hard to replicate an RDAs build exactly in a tank.

I have previously had the same juice in a dripper and the RDTA side by side and found them similar, even prefering the RDTA but ... not all juices are the same.

Right now I have the same quite complex juice (6 flavourings) in both Aeolus RDA and RDTA. They taste different - the biscuit is pronounced in the dripper, much less so in the RDTA where the tobacco, caramel and vanilla come through to the fore. The builds are different, the airflow is different ... the juice is different. The Aeolus is a denser, more saturated vape.

I have mine set up with vertical coils, so the airflow from each hole hits the coil. That being said it IS muted compared to my drippers. However its still the best flavor ive had off a tank.

I've partially regretted the day many moons ago I discovered rda's, I've struggled to find the same in a tank ever since.
I can't offer any advice on your atty as I don't own one but it could, could, be that it has its limitations as all tanks do and not meeting your expectations.

There's one thing to try if you want a more RDA experience from the RDTA ... take off the drip tip and vape straight from top cap nipple.
The baffle on the drip tip can reduce flavour though it does work well in stopping spitback from high coils and slows down the condensate rising up the chimney.
So if you don't mind warm lips and a little juice in your mouth - the authentic dripper experience!!! - it should help. This is how the designer, BJ, vapes his RDTA.
oh, and use the 3ml not the 6ml version

Might have to get the 3ml version to test. I've tried without the drip tip and it does seem to help.

What also helped was removing the tank section and using it as a dripper almost, put a spare drip tip right on the top!

@scrumpox

I'm using it without the drip tip now and some 24g coils, flavour has certainly improved. Also ordered a 3ml top cap which I believe will improve it more.

I'm getting on a lot better with it today actually :)

It's a rebuildable @Clownstyle so it's all about trying different builds and set ups to get the best from it. There are some great tanks about nowadays, last year if you said any tank could create flavour like an RDA people would've laughed ... the Bellus, Crius and Aromamizer have changed that.

Back
Top Bottom