What's new

Could someone explain the difference between buck and boost?

conanthewarrior

Achiever
Hi everyone.

As you know, I have amassed a fair few mods, but am not sure what use boost, what use buck regulators, or the difference.

I have been reading on reddit, and was reading that the IPV 3 LI uses a buck-only chip, so running it at full power would need genuine high amp batteries, like higher than we have.

I don't plan on using it at super high wattage, as I vape at a max of 60W, 80-100 if I feel like going a bit mad for an hour.

So, could someone explain simply how these work, and what of my mods are the safest to use at full power? Sig 150W og? Sig 150TC? Xcube 2? IPV3 LI, DNA200, or something else?

I just want to stay as safe as possible really and not become a statistic. I think by learning more, the safer I become. For instance, I know ohms law and how to build safely for a mech-but want to understand my regulated devices more.

Thanks to everyone that helps me, you really do help me and everything I know is through here and VU.

Cheers, Conan.

C
Hi everyone.

As you know, I have amassed a fair few mods, but am not sure what use boost, what use buck regulators, or the difference.

I have been reading on reddit, and was reading that the IPV 3 LI uses a buck-only chip, so running it at full power would need genuine high amp batteries, like higher than we have.

I don't plan on using it at super high wattage, as I vape at a max of 60W, 80-100 if I feel like going a bit mad for an hour.

So, could someone explain simply how these work, and what of my mods are the safest to use at full power? Sig 150W og? Sig 150TC? Xcube 2? IPV3 LI, DNA200, or something else?

I just want to stay as safe as possible really and not become a statistic. I think by learning more, the safer I become. For instance, I know ohms law and how to build safely for a mech-but want to understand my regulated devices more.

Thanks to everyone that helps me, you really do help me and everything I know is through here and VU.

Cheers, Conan.
Conan get a treebox it has both buck and boost.
http://www.smoktech.com/mod/treebox

ive been called worse. dont mean its true eh.

whats a troll anyway? i dont do facefuck or twater so am somewhat out of the loop when it comes to interweb lingo jingo

ive been called worse. dont mean its true eh.

whats a troll anyway? i dont do facefuck or twater so am somewhat out of the loop when it comes to interweb lingo jingo

Trolls are these little ugly fellas that live under bridges. If you're one of them I'm surprised you've even got the Internet to learn the lingo jingo.

Back
Top Bottom