What's new

Question for unregulated mod users....

vapellie

Achiever
So I only started vaping this summer, in a Vape world where regulated mods with temperature control etc already existed. For me personally, I can't see the need to ever have an unregulated mod, it seems a bit like having an old fashioned telephone with the twist dial when you can have an iPhone, I just don't personally get it.

But I can see there is a lot of love for the unregulated mods. Can some of you seasoned unregulated modders explain what I'm missing? It's just a genuine query, not a judgy flippant remark, just curious that's all!

It's the beauty and the simplicity, although, and I never thought I'd say this, the convenience and controllability of regulated mods has won me over.

Also, until fairly recently, you couldn't find a regulated mod that went over 50 watts, so if you wanted a crazy build running at 150 watts the only way was with a mech.

I still use mine, but leave them at home - I've had too many accidents with them on the road.

i own two but nether used either one.

will be buying a few more soon though in case the tpd bollocks does come in in full effect.

a metal tube will i hope last a lot longer than any electronic chip

Ahhhh, both good answers, makes a lot of sense! I wondered if there was some history I was missing.

And tpd-proofing also seems logical. Although I have resolved simply to become a smuggler. I simply can not fathom how they will be able to enforce banning me from importing a box that holds a battery and a computer chip. I'd love to meet the sniffer dog who can handle that! Perhaps it's denial, or just from experience of living in a country that already has a thriving black market in Vape goods!

It's a battery in a tube attached to a coil. No electronics to go doolally, no wires to come loose, and in my case with an RDA on top, no glass to break. It might not be as flexible as a regulated mod with a tank, but it works, first time, every time, no faffing.

Morning I've got 8 regulated box mods but still use a mec most days 'for me I use mostly tanks on mine it's the simple stick a decent battery in them press a button and go vape no pissing about plus I think they look good.

Attachments

• 20151126_043638.jpg
    20151126_043638.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 51
From my personal point of view (and I will qualify that again... this is only MY view) A Nice Mech takes an awful lot of beating. Aesthetically, I find them to be far more pleasing. I love the sheer simplicity and above all else, the fact I can replace all parts in the event of a failure due to wearing it out.
I started off with mechs and being something of a traditionalist at heart, I have never really seen the need to move far further from my mechs, admittedly, I don't vape at high wattage and I don't go into the realms of "Sub Ohming", whatever that may be, apart from a horrendous handle dreamed up by the vaping community. :D The lowest I go in my beloved RTAs is 0.8ohms, but my usual level is anywhere between 1.0 ohm up to 1.6ohm as and when I so choose. For my vaping needs, this is the range where my Mechs shine.
Yes, they can be contrary, but that invariably is down to operator error. They benefit from regular maintenance such as cleaning the threads and contacts, making sure that you are getting the best conductivity that you can, but actually, I don't regard that as a chore, more cathartic really.

I completely "get it" about regulated Mods, but being a bear of little brain, a failure with one of them would be catastrophic and way beyond my skills to repair. Lord, I own Regulated Mods, but 75% of my time is spent with my mechs as they please me so much.

Each to their own I say! No rights, no wrongs, but I always smile when I read a thread such as this because it makes me realise that The Mech will have its day again at some distant point. :2thumbsup:

As everyone else has said, hard to break them, nothing complicated to go wrong (other than a hard short and losing an arm), for me I'm thinking about long term sustainability, Kanthal will always be available, 18650 batteries you can pick up anywhere, juice you can make yourself if you stock up on Nicotine.

It's like those survival nuts you get in American building fallout shelters and hoarding tins of beans, if the worst happens then you can keep yourself going.

I never thought I would want a mech but saw a nemi clone for 7 quid and thought I would give it a try.. glad I did as its so easy to use , looks and vapes great with my favourite tank ( KFL+) my Regulated Mods get used less these days and I'm sure I will make a few more mech purchases in the future ;)

Back
Top Bottom