What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Novice stock coil question.

If I went down the 100% diy route, what types of kanthal would I need to build single coils between 0.3 - 0'5 ohms? And I suppose I would need one of those coil winder thingys?
Oh no, i'm slipping..........:(

No need for a coil winder although they do make consistent coils. As a wise ape once said, if you can make a circle with one hand whilst holding the other still you can make a coil. Have a look at www.steam-engine.org and play around with the coiling tool. Hit stealthvape up for some wire, add free muji, wire and vape band if needed and watch some youtube tutorials. It's a doddle honestly. The pic shows different coil gauges and resistance as a cheat sheet.

Attachments

• 1448473132853.jpg
    1448473132853.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 33
No need for a coil winder although they do make consistent coils. As a wise ape once said, if you can make a circle with one hand whilst holding the other still you can make a coil. Have a look at www.steam-engine.org and play around with the coiling tool. Hit stealthvape up for some wire, add free muji, wire and vape band if needed and watch some youtube tutorials. It's a doddle honestly. The pic shows different coil gauges and resistance as a cheat sheet.
Cheers mate. I may as well give in. Looking at that sheet, I need 24awg for a 0.50hm coil at 3,mm dia.

Bastards. I only wanted coil advice, and you've just made me buy wire, snippers, a coil winder and a feckin led feckin magnifying glass.

We'll see if you're still upset at 3am when you're happily building staggered fused claptons....

Hehe well I'm sure @cloudcuckoo thought the same when he rebuilt his first kanger coil head ;) good luck dude, any issues just hit us up

Bastards. I only wanted coil advice, and you've just made me buy wire, snippers, a coil winder and a feckin led feckin magnifying glass.

Good luck :D it's addictive. Only started Last week and I'm sleep deprived already staying up playing with random bits of wire lol.
Btw I use 26 awg for around 0.6 or 0.7 and 28 awg for higher. It seems to be easier to work with until u get used to it lol.
And as said no need for coil winder. Coil jig does me fine

Good luck :D it's addictive. Only started Last week and I'm sleep deprived already staying up playing with random bits of wire lol.
Btw I use 26 awg for around 0.6 or 0.7 and 28 awg for higher. It seems to be easier to work with until u get used to it lol.
And as said no need for coil winder. Coil jig does me fine
I've been vaping for a couple of years, and I swore I would never go down the rebuildable route. I've got an addictive personality, and have spent fortunes on other hobbies.
I can feel my wallet weeping.

Back
Top Bottom