What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Rebuilding Atlantis Coils

stewbacca

Achiever
Firstly, not sure if this belongs here, but here goes...

I have an Anyvape Fury Tank, which takes Aspire Atlantis coil heads. My current coil gave up the ghost this evening, and thought to my self "hmm, how hard can it be to rebuild this, I mean, that YouTube video made it look really easy".

Err, no.

So I was wondering if anyone else has tried this? How did you get on? How do you get the wick back in the coil head still touching the coil and not all bunched up at one end? Why am I so bloody ham fisted? Would it be better if I took the gauze on the sides out and tried to put it all back in together? What about the ring of metal gauze at the top? How awesome would it be if my fists were actually made of ham? Would it still work with a contact coil instead of separated? What about that fancy clapton wire I bought on a whim at the week end?

Anyway, any help you good apes are able to provide would be very much appreciated, or if you think I'm just not on to a winner here let me know and I'll save my pennies for an actual rebuildable tank rather than trying to fudge something that's not fit for purpose.

Thanks,

Stew.

I tried many times, I did get some to work but only lasted a day, shame really I liked the Atlantis. But overall I failed badly.

I'm not sure which video you watched but like you watched many, my rebuilt coils failed miserably until i watched this one i used these instructions in nautilus mini using thinner 28 awg and works like a dream.

Thank you!

That's so much easier than what I was trying to do (basically rebuilding the coil as it factory was).

So that's my Saturday project sorted!!!

No problem, as i say this is the only method that i find that works on par with the original coils.

Just make sure to follow the wicking method and you should be good to go.

That is a very good video, thanks for sharing! Think I'll be buying some wire and cotton and giving this ago myself at the weekend!

Right, had a bash at this at the weekend, and it pretty much works. I'm sure it'll get better with practice.

The hardest bit bas getting those bits of cloth to cover the non wicking holes, but I found that getting them into place with some tweezers, so you can see the bottom of it through the hole, then using an old bit of kanthal to pull them down from the hole side so the hole is covered (if that makes sense).
Does anyone know what purpose these holes serve? I'm guessing they're too small to be anything to do with juice flow, may have a go at filling them with some solder unless anyone can confirm it's a bad idea lol!

Back
Top Bottom