What's new

Normally I laught at these vape press stories but...

so they can insert themselves in our rectums and break our necks?

fuck this for a game of soldiers im going back on the fags :)

so they can insert themselves in our rectums and break our necks?

fuck this for a game of soldiers im going back on the fags :)

Joking aside i notice they use the term 'fags' in the article, clearly journalistic gold.

He's walked into something/fell over whilst tooting and given himself a jolt is whats happened, knocked his teeth out and jolted himself. Dozey fucker.

The worrying thing for me is this is the 3rd negative vape story I've read in a month concerning kangertech mods or tanks, I don't know if I'm right here but I think people are buying clones or knock off mods and expecting them to perform like the original, that's why there's a price difference. It may have a kangertech shell but inside it could be literally anything. There's a story about this bloke who burnt holes in his lungs from vaping as the mod was spitting boiling hot liquid out. I would have thought you'd feel it myself especially the damage its apparently caused. This country is controlled by the media and corporations and the revenue loss from vaping is phenomenal. Soon the iron fist of Cameron will be forcing us all to chain smoke just to boost his coffers!!!!

In comparison to the small number of dodgy stories about the 'alledged' danger of vaping:

In recent years on average 1,000 people each year have required treatment for firework injuries at hospital accident or casualty departments. About half of these injuries occur at family or private parties. 5% of these are classed as "serious accidents" requiring a stay of one or more nights in hospital.

In England, in 2012 there were 6,490 alcohol-related deaths, a 19% increase compared to 2001
Alcohol misuse costs England around £21bn per year in healthcare, crime and lost productivity costs

The provisional figure for the number of workers fatally injured in 2014/15 is 142, and corresponds to a
rate of fatal injury of 0.46 deaths per 100,000 workers.

so, put a ban on fireworks, alcohol and work as well...

He must have been Vaping That new C4 Juice !!! What a load of Utter Bollocks !!! The Daily Star is only one step up on the Shit pile from the Sun !!!

What a load of old bollocks.
I'm sick of this shit.
Ecigs don't do this kinda damage do they really!!!!
I reckon this twat got caught shagging someone's wife, got his teeth knocked out and blamed it on his ecig so his wife wouldn't find out.

The worrying thing for me is this is the 3rd negative vape story I've read in a month concerning kangertech mods or tanks, I don't know if I'm right here but I think people are buying clones or knock off mods and expecting them to perform like the original, that's why there's a price difference. It may have a kangertech shell but inside it could be literally anything. There's a story about this bloke who burnt holes in his lungs from vaping as the mod was spitting boiling hot liquid out. I would have thought you'd feel it myself especially the damage its apparently caused. This country is controlled by the media and corporations and the revenue loss from vaping is phenomenal. Soon the iron fist of Cameron will be forcing us all to chain smoke just to boost his coffers!!!!

Or another way to look at it: the kangertech gear and especially the subox starter kit are really popular, so probability could also explain why you are seeing kanger gear.

The lung burning story is another one that seems a nonsense to me when you read it a little closer. The man was a heavy smoker, and when he went to hospital he found he had (from memory) 25% lung capacity left. But they blamed the vaping and didn't consider that the smoking might have contributed? Also, spitting juice would do more damage to his mouth than his lungs, it just doesn't make any medical sense.

It's good to question whether we are doing something potentially dangerous, but at the same time, it's good to evaluate whether these stories make any sense at all, as the tabloids do love a good sensationalist headline, even when it's bullshit!

The bit that crosses my mind is we are all importing shit loads of gear from China which we don't know to what standards it has been tested and its not like they are known for there quality control. Didn't need smart arse comments like stupid people read this shit or did I believe it could break a man's neck just keeping a eye open that's all. We know there is dangers in vaping lets just keep watch. If you stumble across shitty stories or like in this case the vape haters show it to you is it a good idea just to dismiss it no of course not. Do you need to quit vaping straight away and scream and run away of course not just keeping a eye out bitches.
I ain't fucking sitting here shaking as I vape I'm new to this and am cautious with shit and didn't take the article as gospel truth.
I vape i read the story i guess im stupid eh

I don't think anyone meant to imply that you are an idiot for questioning whether there is any element of truth in the story, in fact I think it's important to question these things, it's the only way to learn (and then be able to defend against it when people level this bullshit in your direction!). I think the apes are more pissed off with another shoddy bit of journalism that attacks vaping purely for the sake of a cheap headline.

I think the biggest "danger" as I understand it is you are playing with pretty heavy duty batteries, and if you don't know what you are doing and are using an unregulated mod or shoddy batteries, you run the risk of the battery 'venting', which can lead to an explosion. But most regulated mods have safety features that guard against that happening.

In the pics in the article there is no signs of an exploded battery, so seems suspect at best.

Back
Top Bottom