What's new

Well, that was disappointing.

The Aromamizer v1 is a flavour chasing RDA and has a restricted lung hit, by design. Being non adjustable you either like the draw or you don't. The v2 has much more airflow, it's also adjustable. The deck, chuff cap and 510 DT adapter are identical, you can upgrade by buying the top cap separately. If you want to maximise the airflow I would suggest the round rather than hexagonal top cap. Also use the straight down inner piece rather than the spiral one which creates the swirl.
The coils don't need to be set very high but I got better results from positioning them away from the posts. Keep your wick tails on the deck not on that ledge that runs around it. You don't want your wicks directly underneath the coils, blocking the airflow.

Last edited:
Can you use rubber gloves to get a decent grip, and then have at it with a large phillips head screwdriver? Remove the glass section first if possible.

It's the v1 as it does come with a different chimney, which is the one I need for the RBA. I have tried using rubber gloves to no avail. Heated it in hot water, too (cnn't do so over a flame since there's a rubber washer there). I have removed the glass, as in the pic (although it's not glass! I hasten to add, I believe the guy I bought it from sold me it in good faith, since he offered me a refund based on the stuck screw).

Worst case scenario, I can use it with the TC coils, although so far, I'm not overly keen on the TC and would rather utilise the RBA facility. I'm chugging away quite happily using the ijust2 tank, which will do for now.

So the screw in the Kanger is still stuck fast and almost (but not quite) rounded off. I'm going to try boiling it in the hope that breaks the seal enough for me to get the damn bugger out.

Today I finally cracked the Steam Crave. Oh happy days! It's a whole different kettle of fish. I think my disdain for it was borne out of a combination at being pants at wicking and not being used to the restrictive airflow. Lengthy but powerful lung draws, at 21w, 0.75ohms seems to bring out a lovely flavour without incinerating the back of my throat. I was thinking of trying a lower resistance coil for the thicker juices, athough I've still not quite sussed out the relationship between volts, amps, ohms, watts and batteries. Being dyscalculic is a real set-back in terms of vaping, but I'll get there eventually.

Am I right in thinking that if I drop the resistance, can I up the power, or have I got that the wrong way round?

Try the freezer too to release the screw. As go the resistance and power you are correct. Basically the lower the resistance the more voltage required to produce the wattage. So if u up the wattage you are telling the device to put more Volts through to get your 60 watts or whatever.
But remember it's not as straight forward as that. Due to coil size or wire thickness depends not only what resistance it is but also how quick it heats up etc. Smaller wire will be higher resistance so needing less voltage or wattage but also will heat up quicker.

Got to be a gearbest special that
thats the original mk1 subtank...you had to change the top to swap between the stock heads and rba section....i might even have one of these around somewhere.

where are you dude?

I give up with the damn Kanger. I had in in the freezer overnight and still the screw won't budge. I wanted it primarily to use with the RBA but I guess it'll have to be my TC tank. Kinda glad I ordered the Ni200 coils now.

I'm getting fed up with this now. I'm loving the wattage control on the Snow Wolf in conjunction with the ijust2 tank but the kanger tank with TC is crap and the Steam Crave RDA triggers my asthma. They are going in the drawer, never to see the light of day again.

Back
Top Bottom