What's new

Thinking of switching from smoking to vaping?

Yes but not sure what, i have tried most things and vaping i loved and it pisses me off that i can't do it.

I did ask the doctors if they could do allergy to see what's in the licquid that my body hates but they said they can't

Main reason i stopped was because of the constant throat clearing that drives me nuts. and when i stopped for 11 days it all cleared up. The doctor have sent me to have a camera but i don't like hospitals so not sure if i will go or not.

For what it is worth many of us hear have experienced a cough when we have made the switch. The airways are lined with tiny little hairs called cilia and smoking puts them to sleep. So when we stop smoking they wake up, vaping just doesn't cause this much of a cough. So that is what I think is happening, so of course when you stopped vaping and started smoking the cilia went back to sleep. I am surprised that your GP didn't tell you this but just seems to have placated your symptoms with a cough supressing liquid? I am sure if you do a quick google that you will find that a cough is quite normal when you stop smoking as we have been damaging our airways for years and gunking up our lungs with tar. It is really common. I obviously cannot comment on your other health issues.

The light headedness you describes also sounds like you are taking on board too much nicotine. Vaping delivers a more potent dose so that is why so many of us find it so easy to use liquids which have lower amounts. With any change in life it ain't always going to be easy of necessarily pleasant. I just wish that you would give it another go.

The light headedness you describes also sounds like you are taking on board too much nicotine. Vaping delivers a more potent dose so that is why so many of us find it so easy to use liquids which have lower amounts. With any change in life it ain't always going to be easy of necessarily pleasant. I just wish that you would give it another go.

I had some from kindjuice with no nicotine and just a few puffs and i go light headed

Have you looked around to see if any other folks have had this experience with this juice? or maybe the light headedness is for you a sign of a lack of nicotine? If I were you i would try one of the better known brands of juice with nicotine in it just to see whether it was the pg/vg stuff that was causing this. I must admit I did feel odd when making the switch for a few days but I was so keen to get off of the fags I just kept on. I can't recall what the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal are i may have a google and see what that brings up.

Have you looked around to see if any other folks have had this experience with this juice? or maybe the light headedness is for you a sign of a lack of nicotine? If I were you i would try one of the better known brands of juice with nicotine in it just to see whether it was the pg/vg stuff that was causing this. I must admit I did feel odd when making the switch for a few days but I was so keen to get off of the fags I just kept on. I can't recall what the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal are i may have a google and see what that brings up.

Yes asked loads of people and shops that sell licquid no one knows what it could be, but it wont be lack of nictotine because i still smoke roll ups now many about 1oz every 7 days

Yes asked loads of people and shops that sell licquid no one knows what it could be, but it wont be lack of nictotine because i still smoke roll ups now many about 1oz every 7 days

So you were dual fueling then? Oh ok so its nothing to do with nicotine then? Well the other things to consider are the VG/PG influences and the psychological effects of giving up or contemplating making the switch? Perhaps doing this in conjunction with your GP's smoking cessation person may help. Good luck and if I find anything more that I think that will help you I will let you know.

Olddude the light headedness may not be vaping related. Try inhaling through your device without pressing the power button. If you suck or blow on a syringe or straw for example does this cause light headedness? Many cardiovascular and respiratory conditions some serious some relatively benign can cause this. I'd suggest if this is the case going to your gp for this and not mention the vaping as they may home in on this rather than excluding other more common causes.

Last edited:
So you were dual fueling then? Oh ok so its nothing to do with nicotine then? Well the other things to consider are the VG/PG influences and the psychological effects of giving up or contemplating making the switch? Perhaps doing this in conjunction with your GP's smoking cessation person may help. Good luck and if I find anything more that I think that will help you I will let you know.

Ok thanks very much for the help and info.

Well its been a few months since I wrote my previous post on this very same thread and I am happy to say that Vaping has certainly worked for both me and my better half. I have now cut my nicotine intake down to 6mg from the 18mg I started with and my coughing has lessened to what it was when I started vaping.

I put this down to the fact that my lungs are slowly getting rid of all the crap caused by smoking over fifty years. I am sorry to hear olddude, that vaping hasn't worked for you, but I have noticed that some juices and flavours can make you cough a lot more, such as the Citrus flavours and one I tried called Tootin Juice Firecracker. This one I did like, it was a cinder toffee caramel flavour, but had a very strong throat hiit, but did make me cough a bit more than usual. I still use it now and again, but I now use one called Mystic Menthol, which give a nice throat hit with a nice cool taste. This particular juce is from my local Vape store in Tamworth, called ifancyone.com
They produce their own juices under the brand name of Tootin Juice and I find them to be as good as any other brands on the market. (No I do not have any connection with this company, but am happy to give them a plug on here).

Will I give up Vaping altogether? I don't think so! I do enjoy this alternative to smoking and although I hope to go nicotine free, this depends on how my craving for nicotine affects my needs. So far my wife and I have saved over £500 since we stopped buying cigarettes and tobacco, which is going towards a 10 night cruise we have booked with Fred Olsen, to the Norwegian Fjords next summer, by which time our savings will well cover the cost of our holiday.

I have however upgraded my vaping kit to a larger Aspire Nautilus Tank (the one with the metal diamond cover) and a Defender Battery Case that holds the charge for about three days. It cost me about £50 all told, but much better than my first starter kit. So there you have it. I feel much better in myself, I still get the buzz that a smoke gave me and I am going on a nice cruise for the first time in my life. That can't be bad can it?

Back
Top Bottom