What's new

Lakeland concentrates containing Diacetyl

tinyredpostbox

Postman
for anyone thinking of using or continuing to use lakeland "natural flavour" range of concentrates in their DIY juices, i have contacted Lakeland CS to ask about Diacetyl content, they have confirmed that the following flavours contain Diacetyl:

Banana
Buttery Caramel
Custard
Hazelnut
Strawberry

which is a bugger, as i bought banana, caramel, custard and Rhubarb to make juices and banana caramel is awesome :( at least i can still use the rhubarb.

just thought I'd share.

lakeland

for anyone thinking of using or continuing to use lakeland "natural flavour" range of concentrates in their DIY juices, i have contacted Lakeland CS to ask about Diacetyl content, they have confirmed that the following flavours contain Diacetyl:

Banana
Buttery Caramel
Custard
Hazelnut
Strawberry

which is a bugger, as i bought banana, caramel, custard and Rhubarb to make juices and banana caramel is awesome :( at least i can still use the rhubarb.

just thought I'd share.

could you please supply the reply you got off their CS, all my email reply did not go as far as you state.

TIA

could you please supply the reply you got off their CS, all my email reply did not go as far as you state.

TIA

Here is the copy paste from the email:

Thanks for your email asking if Diacetyl is present in the range of natural flavourings.

The buyer has confirmed that it is present in the following flavourings:

Banana
Buttery Caramel
Custard
Hazelnut
Strawberry

I hope that helps.

Best wishes
Mike
Product Query
Customer Services

lakeland

Here is the copy paste from the email:

Thanks for your email asking if Diacetyl is present in the range of natural flavourings.

The buyer has confirmed that it is present in the following flavourings:

Banana
Buttery Caramel
Custard
Hazelnut
Strawberry

I hope that helps.

Best wishes
Mike
Product Query
Customer Services

Thanks for quick reply, even after few e mails to cs they just kept on saying to me that all conform to eu regs...etc

Sounds like best to stay away from lakeland and keep their flavours for cakes:) Maybe try CCW flavours?

Sounds like best to stay away from lakeland and keep their flavours for cakes:) Maybe try CCW flavours?

Cup Cake Worlds flavours are a bit mehhh. They're quite weak but some are worth the time and effort. Their condensed milk is really good...if you like that sort of thing...

The thing about the lakeland flavours is they're very very concentrated. The label recommends 0.9ml per litre of liquid as the ideal strength to use.
So one drop per 10ml juice would be more than enough.

They do actually taste like the real thing too. No weird artificial aftertaste. The rhubarb does taste like real rhubard and not a sweet sickly copy.

The lakeland flavours are fine IMO, I tried them all of their Diacetyl free concentrates and they tasted great... that said, this was a year ago and I haven't been back as I find it easier to just work out what I'm making and order online.

Back
Top Bottom