What's new

updates on Diacetyl???

hello guys, this is old news, but I just managed to read some of it tonight, am i supposed to be worried about diacetyl in my liquid? My questions is, what is the latest updates on diacetyl (vaporshark)

I just started using vapor just recently, so far has been good cause i managed to reduce my cigarettes... so if anybody has any updates, i'll be glad to hear them.
Well I am still vaping Five Prawns castle Long like there is no fucking tomorrow and I am still around.Living proof I am,mind you if I kick the bucket tomorrow their will be some sad fucking faces on christmas morning this year.

Before the long term studies on wether vaping might be in any way harmful can be completed, Humans will have ceased to exist along with most others because of the huge release of arctic methane veil gasses.....just sayin'

See the issue is a double edged sword surely?

On one side, the effects of the diaetecyl is connected to breathing it high amounts of the stuff in poorly ventiliated rooms. So like anything it will take an effect on the body? The amount of it you would have to vape just to get a percentage reaction would be small anyway as unless the liquid is pure with the stuff then its only ever traces.

The other side is that if you know its dangerous then why would you continue to expose yourself to it? Like if you know eating bacon all the time will make you fat, so if you contine to eat it then you have heard the warnings before.

Living is dangerous. There is roughly a 99.99999999 % chance it will kill you eventually.
For me, walking out the front door is more poisonous than breathing in trace quantities of diacetly.
Alot of things are harming us alot more than we realise without us even knowing.
Did anyone buy a foxglove from Tesco this year? Don't forget to wash hands after touching it, as it contains digitalis, and is absorbed through the skin. Touching a foxglove is probably alot more harmful than having a vape, lol.

Living is dangerous. There is roughly a 99.99999999 % chance it will kill you eventually.
For me, walking out the front door is more poisonous than breathing in trace quantities of diacetly.
Alot of things are harming us alot more than we realise without us even knowing.
Did anyone buy a foxglove from Tesco this year? Don't forget to wash hands after touching it, as it contains digitalis, and is absorbed through the skin. Touching a foxglove is probably alot more harmful than having a vape, lol.

and dont forget brushing your teeth. the amount of feces found on a toothbrush is scary

Whilst it is true that so far there's not been a single case of a person being hospitalized as a result of vaping (exploding batteries and vaping bleach don't count), and it is now officially confirmed that vaping is at least 95% safer (according to a report, because all reports are always true, yknow), and everyone is so convinced that vaping is safe...do we really know?

I'm not trying to say that vaping is unsafe, I'm simply saying that we don't know, and the possibility that it IS dangerous is still out there. I'm not talking vaping vs. tobacco type of danger. I mean the vaping vs. never smoking or living in urban area with pollution type of danger. Just because you're already doing something that is potentially harmful (crossing the road), should you add additional risks on top of that?

I can't stress this enough - i'm NOT saying that vaping is harmful, but our lungs were not designed (or evolved) to inhale e juice. they were meant for air only.

I'm convinced that vaping is safe, and that i probably harm myself more in other ways by doing things like typing on this keyboard (bacteria, oooohhh). Still, i wonder.

Unless we all have a Nobel prize in biology with 2 phds, this conversation really won't expose or proove anything. And that isn't even certain yet. Only time can tell. Just sayin'.

Not relating to popcorn lung or anything but still very interesting read.

http://vaperanks.com/spanish-hospit...id-pneumonia-associated-with-e-cigarette-use/[/QUOTE

The interesting thing is doctors and media reporting factually inaccurate information. Dr Farsalinos has responded to this bs. Lipoid Pneumonia is due to inhalation of lipids ie fatty acids. VG is an alchohol. It is true that some dodgy vendors use food flavourings which are oil based and potentially could cause this but it ain't the VG. http://www.ecigarette-research.com/web/index.php/2013-04-07-09-50-07/2014/157-glycerol

Cheers both, more ammunition to use when the anti-vaping crowd start parroting unfounded shit they read as gospel!

Back
Top Bottom