What's new

updates on Diacetyl???

hanszulu

hello guys, this is old news, but I just managed to read some of it tonight, am i supposed to be worried about diacetyl in my liquid? My questions is, what is the latest updates on diacetyl (vaporshark)

I just started using vapor just recently, so far has been good cause i managed to reduce my cigarettes... so if anybody has any updates, i'll be glad to hear them.

Were you worried about the contents of smoke? Vaping is safer than smoking, it's not safe. If that worries you then quit altogether. :)

Wow.. Really... What i want is an update on how diacetyl affects my health or maybe one or two things about some e liquid juice brands, or is this kind of questions is restricted? or you some kind of a thick person not understanding the question?

Wow.. Really... What i want is an update on how diacetyl affects my health or maybe one or two things about some e liquid juice brands, or is this kind of questions is restricted? or you some kind of a thick person not understanding the question?

His point is valid im sorry to say.

But to answer your question diacetyl is harmful as we know from past experiences, but not in the levels found in eliquids.

This whole argument came up over the pond where their gov is slamming vaping as dangerous due to big tobacco having the monopoly.

If your worried, a lot of liquid producers now test their liquids and may provide you with a copy of their certification of content

Try reading the news posts.
Try google.
Try humour.
Try not being personally abusive or your stay on the site will be briefer than Falco's existence in the pop charts.

very patronizing though... I did not say that i required vape to be this or that safe, he did... He put his words as if it was mine... Was he speaking for himself? Or for POTV? Thanks for your reply..

Tbh from a lot of what I've read on diacetyl it's primarily observational studies where they believe a link exists but no causality was clearly defined for bronchiolitis obliterans/popcorn lung. Truth is diacetyl hasn't legitimately been tested using gold standard experimental protocols to confirm that it is a risk as it wouldn't be ethical to do so. Juice vendors are testing for it so visit their sites or email them to ask for info. If you really want to minimise exposure to potentially harmful chemicals then I know of people who vape unflavoured e-liquid so that they know only 3 ingredients are present (VG, PG, nicotine) but to me I enjoy the different flavours and fortunately favour fruit and menthol vapes so I don't get much in the way of diacetyl etc

O
Try reading the news posts.
Try google.
Try humour.
Try not being personally abusive or your stay on the site will be briefer than Falco's existence in the pop charts.

may i ask, what do you do here at potv as a "Staff member"?? Coz i think you tried to intimidate your member asking legit questions with your "humour"

Long story short, in my opinion of course.
1) Avoid / do not go near Diacetyl ingredients (most flavours don't use anyway)
2) No one knows for sure what vaping does or may do to you in the long term (too 'new' in all honesty for long term study before everyone goes off on one)
3) 4~10 things going in to your lungs is better than 1000's
4) Don't annoy those who can ban you early in your 'career'
5) If you think it may be dodgy avoid (see #1)
6) Form your own opinion BUT be careful where the 'data' comes from, who pays for it and the strength of the actual data interogation
7) Welcome
8) Toot on my friend

Tbh from a lot of what I've read on diacetyl it's primarily observational studies where they believe a link exists but no causality was clearly defined for bronchiolitis obliterans/popcorn lung. Truth is diacetyl hasn't legitimately been tested using gold standard experimental protocols to confirm that it is a risk as it wouldn't be ethical to do so. Juice vendors are testing for it so visit their sites or email them to ask for info. If you really want to minimise exposure to potentially harmful chemicals then I know of people who vape unflavoured e-liquid so that they know only 3 ingredients are present (VG, PG, nicotine) but to me I enjoy the different flavours and fortunately favour fruit and menthol vapes so I don't get much in the way of diacetyl etc

Yeah yeah.. I dont know what to make of it, some of the articles ive read or videos are a few months old and i dont know how much of it is true today, i really enjoy some of beard's products, which some is creamy, i just thought maybe after a few months there are some new common grounds on how much it really affects... I dont know how much longer i could stop vaping the creamy ones

Back
Top Bottom