What's new

PotV Call for Evidence for EU Balance of Competence Review

I have copied this and stuck it in the health and legal section, I think your response might have got lost in the other thread and this deserves its own place!

Very much looking forward to reading yours. Have downloaded it, and will be settling down to it - with a lovely 24mg vape - once I've put mine up on the blog here.

WARNING: You'll need more than 24mg to get through mine! lol It's a blog roll again - sorry!

Cheers,

Katherine

I read both, didn't take that long, I'm a quick reader. :)

I hope there was no objection to me publicising WhichWitch in UKV, as a lot of people don't forum-hop. In gact I planned to follow 5 forums but I'd need a 48 hour day to do it properly!

Let us hope that both give the DoH a good reason for deciding that the EU is totally incompetant to decide on health policy, especially when culture is involved and the EU is blatantly ignoring everything that doesn't suit their agenda.

Watching all of Monday's EU TPD hearing I couldn't believe my eyes or ears and had to restrain myself from throwing my Vamo at the monitor. Neither the EU or a government has the right to decide what is true and what is not based on persinal preference.
Back in the bad old days people were killed by saying that the sun didn't revolve areound the earth, that it was the other way round.

If these blinkered i*s get away with it, maybe one day they'll decide to repeal the Law of Gravity because they don't like it.

Both are very good evidence presentations, one from the consumers, one from the trade. In theory a lot of weight should be placed on these.

:offtopic:Off-topic, one US company managed to remove itself from all tobacco law by making nicotine from tomatoes. As the EU TPD is about tobacco, what right do they have to rule on nicotine which is only extracted from tobacco because that's the easieszt way to do it, you don't need as much raw product.
But extraction from potato, tomato, aubergine leaves cpuld be seen as a way of recycling what is usually waste.

We need a company that has the money behind it to develop the non tobacco nicotine process... Who has that money in the UK?

I don't even know how much money that would entail. Maybe it's something that could be done across the industry? After all, it would benefit everyone and would hopefully get the flat earthers off our backs. KMS - you put me on to the Green Smart Living case. Do you know any details about how they did it, or did you have a contact for them?

I don't even know how much money that would entail. Maybe it's something that could be done across the industry? After all, it would benefit everyone and would hopefully get the flat earthers off our backs. KMS - you put me on to the Green Smart Living case. Do you know any details about how they did it, or did you have a contact for them?

I found them because of a Tobacco Tax inclusion on E-Cigs with Nicotine...They spent something like 2 years I think researching and perfecting it and then fought the tax and won an exemption of having to pay I think 70% tax on the nicotine. The only contact I know of would be the on their website.

I suspect that only the tobacco industry would have the money.
But it could be seen as a green, enviromentally friendly business model, using the bits of plants that are normally destroyed. I have an idea that there are both UK and EU grants for environmentally-friendly policies.
The EU subsidises growing tobacci, so why not?
It would, I think, need the cooperation of Green Smart Living to avoid the time it took them, and as other solinacae members have much less nicotine, you'd need shed loads of leaf.

I have a feeling that WTA would get the same treatment as snus as it can only be processed from tobacco.

Back
Top Bottom